Talk

Advanced search

Come and cheer me on / help motivate me / give me a kick up the bum

(3 Posts)
ClaireDeTamble Fri 05-Apr-13 11:18:29

I'm off work for two weeks and desperately need to get the house sorted. The kids have been at their nans for the past two days and I have managed to spend far too much time on mumsnet do sod all.

So kids are at their nan's again today and I am determined to get this house straight ish. I have decided to give myself 10 mins on here every hour and a half, so come and help me with my motivation if you can spare the time and post your own list of things you must do today.

Right I'm starting in the utility and downstairs bathroom and working my way round the house. First jobs are:

Empty, dust, sweep and steam utility and downstairs loo
Fold and put away washing mountain currently sitting on the dining room table
Clear and clean the work surfaces
Clean down the cooker hood and cooker
Sort out the bottom two drawers of the cupboard of doom so DH can put his soap making stuff in there.

Wish me luck and see you in 90 minutes.......

ellesabe Fri 05-Apr-13 11:28:52

Great idea to set a time limit on mn!

Maybe you could also set yourself a goal of throwing ten items away every 1.5 hours too?

ClaireDeTamble Fri 05-Apr-13 13:34:15

A bit longer than 90 minutes and a few things done

The utility room and downstairs loo are done - it took an age with a massive build up of fluff and dust from the dryer.

I've sorted a couple of loads of washing and even managed to hang some out on the line shock

Bottom half of the kitchen is cleanish and floor steamed.

Now sitting down with a cuppa and a few minutes of MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now