Talk

Advanced search

School shirt logo gives nipple rash

(9 Posts)
MrsCornish Fri 05-Apr-13 10:49:30

My DS's summer polo shirt has a massive stitched logo which gives him horrible nipple rash. although it's hard to imagine now, there may come a day when he won't want to wear a vest under it. I can't sew fabric over it on the inside as the stitches will show. If I use glue to stick a patch on, I imagine it would be stiff and as uncomfortable as the logo itself. Any suggestions?

SavoyCabbage Fri 05-Apr-13 10:55:01

Get more fashionable vests?

Use vlieosofix/bondaweb which you can iron on to another fabric then iron over the scratchy inside.

notapizzaeater Fri 05-Apr-13 10:56:19

I'd wonder web a square of plain cotton (perhaps cut out of his vests he won't be wearing) on the inside

MrsCornish Fri 05-Apr-13 11:00:30

Thank you - so when you use iron-on glue such as wonderweb, is it flexible/soft?

Its not the fashion, it's the (eventual) heat of a vest that gave him trouble last year!

notapizzaeater Fri 05-Apr-13 11:03:14

Yes just put it on the edges and it'll be fine smile

SavoyCabbage Fri 05-Apr-13 11:27:52

My dd says she's uncomfortable without a vest and its over 40 sometimes where I live but she still wears one. Her teachers must think I'm nuts!

Picturesinthefirelight Fri 05-Apr-13 11:31:52

That happened to a student if mine with a drama group polo shirt. I sent it back to the company as faulty.

greenandcabbagelooking Fri 05-Apr-13 11:33:41

Are you allowed shirts without logos? If so, buy one. If not, cite as medical need and buy one anyway!

MrsCornish Fri 05-Apr-13 11:55:39

They are very compulsory. Other boys must have the same trouble - i'll ask the school clothes shop about it. In the meantime, wonderweb and a cotton patch.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now