Talk

Advanced search

Pillow protectors

(7 Posts)
MrsPlugThePlumber Wed 03-Apr-13 13:09:18

A VERY dull question but perhaps one that will change my life...

I am fed up of washing and drying pillows, as my children seem to vomit on them fairly regularly at the moment hmm or have a nosebleed etc etc

SO will a pillow protector solve all my woes or will it make the pillows horrible to lie on?

I have never used one in my life and would appreciate any thoughts before I go shopping.

Bonsoir Wed 03-Apr-13 13:16:06

I always put a plain white cotton pillow case on my pillows before the main pillow case - is that what you are thinking of? You really should - it's much more hygienic (even without vomit). You then should wash the under pillow case every 3-4 weeks (if you change your sheets every week).

ilovepowerhoop Wed 03-Apr-13 13:19:14

both my kids have terry towelling waterproof pillow protectors as dd gets nose bleeds and ds sometimes wets the bed and manages to get pee on the pillow too. Me and dh have quilted pillow protectors as dh especially has a sweaty head and the protector stops the pillow getting discoloured. They are fine to sleep on.

MrsPlugThePlumber Wed 03-Apr-13 13:23:50

Bonsoir, we do the double cover thing already but it doesn't keep anything off! Powerhoop, do the waterproof ones give you a hot head then? Thanks smile

MrsPlugThePlumber Wed 03-Apr-13 13:38:43

...and do the quilted ones keep anything off?

ilovepowerhoop Wed 03-Apr-13 13:57:28

the waterproof ones are terry towelling with a waterproof backing - I use them for the kids so blood/pee doesnt get through to the pillow itself. They havent complained about having a hot head. The quilted ones definitely stop the pillow from staining from sweaty heads and I didnt think we (me and dh) needed the waterproof ones.

We got the quilted ones from argos. They used to do the waterproof terry ones too but dont seem to have them any more.

MrsPlugThePlumber Wed 03-Apr-13 14:12:13

Just what I needed to know - thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now