Talk

Advanced search

oils for oil burners that actually smell

(11 Posts)
pud1 Tue 02-Apr-13 20:30:14

I have started using an oil burner again as I was bought one in a gift set for Xmas. The oil has now run out and I have just bought some from a local candle and a probably cheap shop and it smells of nothing. I used to use yankee wax tarts but the well on this burner is too small. Can some one please point me in the direction of some decent oils

Thanks

NumTumMum Tue 02-Apr-13 21:17:43

I used to use the Bodyshop oils, bergamot was my favourite. Marks and Spencers also do oils but I'm not sure how good they are.

HorraceTheOtter Tue 02-Apr-13 21:21:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Moomoomie Tue 02-Apr-13 21:22:25

I too use the body shop oils. Good value for money.
I recently bought some party lite wax tartlets, very expensive and not particularly nice.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Tue 02-Apr-13 21:25:34

Get some proper essential oils. They're a bit pricey but you only need a couple of drops in a little puddle of water so they last ages.

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Thu 04-Apr-13 08:56:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotSoNervous Thu 04-Apr-13 09:18:04

I've used body shop ones and they were okay but didn't think much to m&s oils

BeCool Thu 04-Apr-13 10:04:16

I've always used proper essential oils. They last for ages.
I've just brought a diffuser for my car and am using mandarin in there - gorgeous. beats 'car freshener' stuff a million times over.
For cleaning days I love the freshness of grapefruit.
For sulty nights in I love to combine ylang ylang & geranium.
Basil is fab for studying.

BalmainMummy Thu 04-Apr-13 10:05:40

I get my essential oils of e-bay and they burn well. Lemon is really nice and uplifting! Just make sure to put some water in or the oils will burn

BeCool Thu 04-Apr-13 10:07:35

I don't use a burner at home anymore - the tealight containers annoyed me (rubbish created everytime a candle was burnt), and the I didn't want to use candles when my DD's were babies (google candle fumes).

I use an aroma stone which plugs in.

BeCool Thu 04-Apr-13 10:29:09

Most Yankee Candles are paraffin wax - they give off toxic fumes when they burn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now