Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy a Miele machine from eBay?

(14 Posts)
alp Sun 31-Mar-13 09:22:43

Now I love eBay, half our house is from eBay but after looking for Miele Washing machines and seeing there are ones being sold for parts - should miele last a lifetime?

Also I'm wondering if I should buy a machine with no warranty etc?

Do you think saving now will pay later?

MinimalistMommi Sun 31-Mar-13 15:44:11

No!

alp Sun 31-Mar-13 18:16:40

No! Really?! No!

Argh!

Will I ever get a miele?!

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Sun 31-Mar-13 18:18:08

yes, course you can. no reason why not.

MinimalistMommi Mon 01-Apr-13 08:53:01

But the OP will have no guarantee and then the minute it breaks, calling out someone to fix it will probably cost her half of what she payed for the machine on eBay.

MinimalistMommi Mon 01-Apr-13 08:53:54

OP! I saving for a Miele right now, I'll get there someday and it should be worth it. I'm getting the washer dryer though grin Can't wait!

Staryeyed Mon 01-Apr-13 09:06:04

I would say play it buy ear, we bought a Miele dishwasher from eBay that was used but described as excellent condition and relatively new. We bidded and won for a price that was worth the risk. it has worked fine for the Two years we have had it. So a risk worth taking, considering a new not so good branded dishwasher would have been much more and possibly could have broken outside warranty.

Staryeyed Mon 01-Apr-13 09:09:32

I would only by nearby and check it over first though look in the drawer and the seal for signs of mould that indicate it might not have been looked after well and buy as close to new as possible with some proof of purchase to show how old machine is.

alp Mon 01-Apr-13 09:22:54

Glad there are some success stories! grin Although the worry is if it goes wrong.

It is local and apparently about 4 years old - auction ends tonight!

PoppyWearer Mon 01-Apr-13 09:30:49

Well our Miele (bought new) has lasted 11 years, so it could be an excellent purchase.

Why are they selling it? Just a kitchen revamp?

PoppyWearer Mon 01-Apr-13 09:33:03

BTW when our Miele washing machine did finally die last year (after 11 years) it was because the motor went, would have cost a few hundred quid to fix and the Miele engineer considered that to be a write-off. It could still have been repaired.

I still sold the broken machine on eBay to a dealer who reckoned he could fix it for much less!

Staryeyed Mon 01-Apr-13 10:26:43

%23 by ear and %23buy nearby (stupid phone)

I would definitely ask questions and get proof. We recently bought a freezer that was 13 years old and not 3 years old as stated. The condition was good but something didn't add up (temperature control was old style). We phoned the manufacturer with the serial number. We got our money back from the sellers but it goes to show how dishonest people can be.

sjclarke86 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:35:47

I have bought a washing machine and dishwasher both Miele from eBay, DH bought a new Miele fridge on sale without realising how much everything else to Match would cost. No problems so far although they all had a few years warranty still on them. How about looking for one with warranty left?

I love our tumble dryer, so good compared to washer/dryers. I can put a whole washing machine load in (I'm naughty and stuff it full) and its dry in an hour! Only annoying thing is if beeps every 5 mins if I don't take it out when it's dry, stops me being lazy though. There is an automatic setting so you don't waste electric, as soon as its dry it beeps so might be less than an hour.

alp Tue 02-Apr-13 07:10:45

After all of that we didn't go for it in the end. It had come out of a house clearance so there was limited knowledge on the machine.
It had been tested etc but DH wasn't having it.

Off to find the best of the rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now