Talk

Advanced search

How can I get the smell of urine out of a foam mattress?

(6 Posts)
reddaisy Sat 30-Mar-13 10:40:14

DD wet the bed the other day and I put bicarbonate of soda on the mattress and it has definitely helped to draw out some of the odour but it still smells. Anyone got a top tip to help me eradicate it? I can't sponge it and put it in the garden as it is wet and cold here and it has a sown on cover which I can't fully remove (she was sleeping on the spare chair bed hence the sown on cover).

Help me please I don't want to just mask the smell with fe breeze, I want to get rid of it some magic way!

RollerCola Sat 30-Mar-13 10:42:53

How much bicarb did you put on & how long did you leave it for? I find you need quite a lot, a whole tub sometimes - layer it on and leave 24hrs (sorry if you've already done this)

reddaisy Sat 30-Mar-13 10:47:37

I did use a whole tub and it was about 48 hours. It definitely got rid of most of the smell (ie I can't smell it when I enter the room) but I can smell it when I get closer!

reddaisy Sat 30-Mar-13 10:56:28

In other bicarbonate of soda related news - I have just shined the sink using it and a lemon so it isn't all bad wink

RollerCola Sat 30-Mar-13 11:23:21

Oh sorry, not sure what else to suggest then. Usually works ok for me.

reddaisy Sat 30-Mar-13 20:07:19

Thanks anyway roller. I bought a glade shake on powder meant to get odours out of carpets and that is currently on it so maybe that will work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now