Talk

Advanced search

My fridge has died! Help me find a replacement, pleeeease!

(4 Posts)
Rattitude Fri 29-Mar-13 19:14:20

My 22-year old fridge has died so I need to find a replacement quickly.

Unfortunately, I want a similar model to what I had but I have not been able to find an equivalent yet.

I have included a picture of my current fridge on my profile. I am after:

- a small fridge with an ice-box
- dimensions (in cm) at most 55 (W) x 86 (H) cm
- 2 movable shelves
- ideally one big salad crisper (rather than 2 compartments)
- 4 levels in the door as I have now (currently, egg compartment at the very top, then a long compartment with plastic door, then two little movable trays (side by side) and, at the bottom, a big compartment where I can put bottles).

I do not need nor have a freezer so I definitely need an ice-box, but I also want to maximise the fridge space.

A lot of the small fridges I have seen online seem to have a lot of dead space in the door.

Re. price, I am happy to pay whatever for the right product. I am also happy to buy additional accessories (shelf, door compartments) if necessary to achieve the end result I am after.

I realise it is a bit of a challenge and possibly a dull one. Still, if you have come across something that resembles what I am after and can point me in the right direction, you will have my eternal gRattitude!

I will also post this in Chat but will be monitoring both threads, so feel free to contribute to either if you have any ideas.

Thanks

dingit Fri 29-Mar-13 19:17:44

have you tried appliances online, they are good

dingit Fri 29-Mar-13 19:21:40

Lec R5511S Fridge this one?

Rattitude Fri 29-Mar-13 19:25:57

Thanks, Dingit. Re. the Lec R5511S, I would ideally want another movable shelf and another level of tray in the door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now