Talk

Advanced search

Handheld Hoover reccomemdation?

(9 Posts)
lolalotta Wed 27-Mar-13 18:59:45

I think I need one...we just moved into a carpeted house and don't fancy lugging the Hoover round for little bits that need getting up IYKWIM??? Just wondering if any of the brands out there are actually any good? wink

noisytoys Thu 28-Mar-13 08:24:13

I have a Dyson city rechargeable one. It's fantastic but it only has an 8 minute battery life so you need to speed Hoover to get it all done in time

FourArms Thu 28-Mar-13 10:44:21

I had a Dyson a few years ago which was amazing but it blew up & I didn't want to pay £100+ for a replacement. Just bought a B&D DustBuster from Morrisons for £25 and it's great.

armagh Sat 30-Mar-13 20:42:39

Hand held Dyson great but expensive. Others i've had were crap smile

armagh Sat 30-Mar-13 20:43:26

Check out 'Which' magazine- independent tests are done.

Floralnomad Sat 30-Mar-13 20:44:33

Dyson DC35 cordless , I can do my house in a single charge ( 4 bed/ 3 rec) . It's fabulous .

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 30-Mar-13 21:15:57

Dyson definitely, only one with any real power. Great for cleaning out a grubby car!

Snowgirl1 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:16:42

Dyson DC35 - bought it in addition to my dyson vacuum as I wanted something that I could do a quick whizz of the kitchen floor or the lounge rug without having to get the big vacuum out. It's brilliant. Even DH who was a bit sneery 'we've got a vacuum what do we need that for' has used it quite a bit and hasn't made any sneery comments since.

mrsminiverscharlady Sun 31-Mar-13 09:50:42

We've got a Hoover rechargeable one. It seems to pick a lot up and was a bargain at 60 quid. I would imagine the Dyson one might be better but it wasn't worth paying the extra for me. We use it loads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now