Talk

Advanced search

microfibre - am i doi g this wrong?

(11 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Mon 25-Mar-13 10:46:24

have been trying microfibre cloths for dusting and cleaning today. have been using them wet as i would a washing up cloth but results arent great. should they be used dry? or damp? not a very exciting queation for a monday i know!

MrsBigBadBeck Mon 25-Mar-13 11:49:48

I used to do exactly the same. Either use them dry to polish up a washed surface, or if using them wet wring them out as much as you can. I just use glass cleaner of anything shiny smile

Ragwort Mon 25-Mar-13 11:53:14

I don't see what is so great about them either, bought one for 'bathrooms' that said you didn't need to use any other cleaner with them - doesn't do the job at all.

My mother swears by them - but as her eyesight is terrible she probably doesn't notice all the cobwebs, dust, stains etc in her home grin.

MrsBigBadBeck Mon 25-Mar-13 11:57:28

Same here!!! Haha, must be a mum thing. I even tried washing them in the machine and it didn't help. If anything they push the moisture around

RunningAgain Mon 25-Mar-13 12:05:22

I think if you wash them you're not meant to use any softener or it clogs up the fibres. I find them ok.

Wewereherefirst Mon 25-Mar-13 12:06:37

I use them for everything. Slightly damp and it works great...

thebestpossibletaste Mon 25-Mar-13 12:16:04

I bought one from Lakeland a few weeks ago and have to say my washbasin is shinier than it's ever been. We do have hard water in our area and generally my washbasins aren't very shiny, even after just being cleaned, unless I use Viakal, but with my new microfibre cloth I spray with antibac spray, wipe over everything with a damp cloth and then dry with the DRY microfibre cloth, it does take a little polishing but comes up so shiny. I also clean my bathroom mirrors with it, just wipe them with a wet cloth then dry with the dry microfibre cloth and they are spotless.

I haven't tried them for anything else yet though.

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Mon 25-Mar-13 17:24:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fussychica Mon 25-Mar-13 18:48:30

Get an ecloth instead. Brilliant.

Huffpot Tue 26-Mar-13 08:58:34

I second the e-cloth recommendation. I love my glass cleaning ones - they are amazing

DorsetLass Wed 27-Mar-13 08:43:09

I third the e cloth comment - i am not generally excited about anything cleaning centered - but e cloths have saved my glass hob form being evicted - and will replace microfibre ones that I felt were no better than a jay cloth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now