Talk

Advanced search

Stick vacuum, cordless and not a Dyson please

(8 Posts)
Back2Two Mon 14-Jan-13 12:43:58

Any one got a success story?
I really want one to motivate me to vacuum more regularly. I've read up on Dyson, too expensive and have some niggles I don't want. But I can't find another one that has good reviews....some do but apparently don't last as the battery stops re-charging.

Anyone? Thanks!

Back2Two Mon 14-Jan-13 17:19:59

I know it's boring but...Bump

KatyTheCleaningLady Mon 14-Jan-13 18:38:04

I would love to find a tiny stick hoover that really worked! I have to lug Henry around with me.

Hope you get some useful replies.

Back2Two Mon 14-Jan-13 20:09:22

MrsMiniversCharlady Tue 15-Jan-13 08:07:17

I've got the Hoover one. I've only had it since October so can't testify to whether the battery lasts, but I'm quite pleased with it. The suction definitely isn't as good as on my main Miele hoover, but it's perfect for a quick hoover round between 'proper' cleans and the detachable bit is just perfect for doing the stairs/cobwebs/skirting boards.

I managed to get mine for £60 (on offer) and I'm really quite pleased with it. DH wasn't at all convinced that we needed it but he's been won over too, and we definitely hoover more than before grin

Back2Two Tue 15-Jan-13 14:32:49

Hi mrs thanks for answering! I thought someone on mumsnet must have a stick one they liked!

What model is yours please?

MrsMiniversCharlady Tue 15-Jan-13 14:39:29

I think it's this one

KnockKnockKnockPenny Wed 03-Apr-13 15:58:38

Back2two - did you get one in the end? Just did a search and found this thread! I want to get one too.
Our dyson is a bit crap a faff to get out - small difficult under the stairs cupboard- our house is long and thin so the cord doesn't stretch all the way round. I could really do with hoovering more often than I do but the faffing bit of it puts me off. I am tempted by the gtech air ram. The only thing that puts me off is I'll still have to get the ruddy dyson out to vacuum the car.

Anyone else out there with any recommendations/experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now