Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My shower screen is making me manic...help!

(26 Posts)
Drywhiteplease Sat 12-Jan-13 09:23:14

Ok I know I'm going to sound completely manicblush.............but my shower screen is making me a bit OCD. I just can't get rid of the water drop dried on marks.
I have tried;

CIF
Windowlene
Mr muscle bathroom cleaner (not as good as it used to be)
And I ally yesterday went into Lakeland, a woman possessed, and bought Scrub Free bathroom cleaner and Daily shower stuff.......
But the marks are STILL THERE!

Could it be lime scale and not soap( but our water is v soft)

I'm planning an extension and want to put in 2new shower cubicles so I need to crack it before then! hmm .....

Bearandcub Sat 12-Jan-13 09:24:12

Erm cillit bang?

RustyBear Sat 12-Jan-13 09:28:08

Ime, it's not the cleaner that matters, but the cloth. I use ones my mum used to make; two rectangles of fine nylon net, sewn together round the edges and diagonally across the centre. They get rid of soap and lime scale easily, without scratching, and they are very easy to make.

AngelsWithSilverWings Sat 12-Jan-13 09:28:11

I use cilit bang and then rinse it off before using my karcher Winnie vac - works a treat! I love my window vac.

PigletJohn Sat 12-Jan-13 09:28:47

Is it glass or plastic?

AngelsWithSilverWings Sat 12-Jan-13 09:28:50

Winnie vac? Window vac of course!

timmyinatizzy Sat 12-Jan-13 09:31:16

Get one of those squeegee things that the window cleaners use and make everyone use it after each shower. Works in my house smile

Natmu Sat 12-Jan-13 09:32:55

Cillit Bang once a week and squeegee off the water after every use. Mine looks a treat and lots of my friends have shower screen envy grin. It's all down to the squeegee.

Hassled Sat 12-Jan-13 09:32:57

Limelite spray limescale remover.

SilveryMoon Sat 12-Jan-13 09:33:25

I think I read somewhere that lemon juice is good. I could just be making that up though.

WildRumpus Sat 12-Jan-13 09:34:53

I have a glass shower screen. Gorgeous but bane of my life as my kids like to draw on it with soap grrrrr angry

We use Method Daily shower spray after every shower and once a week I use Eco cloths - wash with light green one and polish with dark green one. Every so often I use windolene and newspaper.

JamesBlonde Sat 12-Jan-13 09:40:09

It's limescale. I live in a very "limey" area and use Viakal which is brilliant. I use it on everything in the bathroom. You spray it on, leave it a short while and it works wonders. Each morning we use one of the little window wipers to take off the excess water from the shower door. You can get it in any supermarket.

Timetoask Sat 12-Jan-13 09:42:07

I have a spotless shower glass screen. The best product I found is viakal (you can find it in tesco), but I hardly use it for my shower screen Because I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ikea-Window-Cleaner/dp/B003Y7DNB4

After Every shower you use it to scrape off the water drops, it takes 30 seconds and you will never have problems again! DH and I do it after each of our showers in the morning.

Al0uise Sat 12-Jan-13 09:45:31

You know the washing up sponges that you fill with washing up liquid? Fill one of those with a 50/50 mix of white vinegar and fairy liquid. When you're in the shower give it a quick scrub over with the sponge.

The liquid clings, the vinegar removes light scale and the glass gleams.

WildRumpus Sat 12-Jan-13 10:12:24

Viacal is wonderful stuff but use carefully if you have stone tiling as it may be limestone (like our bathroom / shower floor!)

WildRumpus Sat 12-Jan-13 10:13:07

Love the idea of the washing up sponge.

hermioneweasley Sat 12-Jan-13 10:15:08

Agree a squeegee is the way to go once you get the marks off. DW lives in terror of not squeegeeing after her shower.

Drywhiteplease Sat 12-Jan-13 10:26:30

Well of course I have a squeegee ( remember I'm manic!! wink)which I use on mirrors (dont get me startedgrin) windows (beginning to twitch) and my shower screen and tiles daily.

I will try the washing up and vinegar because I have them at home. If that doesn't work I' ll get Vaikal.
Have tried the method stuff....but that's more daily upkeep I think, I need to get rid of the marks first.

rubyrubyruby Sat 12-Jan-13 10:30:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChuffMuffin Sat 12-Jan-13 10:33:58

I don't have any helpful advice unfortunately, but I am SO glad I am not the only person that can't stand dirty glass or mirrors. It goes right through me confused

MrsReiver Sat 12-Jan-13 10:34:29

Well of course I have a squeegee ( remember I'm manic!! )which I use on mirrors (dont get me started)

Is that you Sheldon?

directoroflegacy Sat 12-Jan-13 10:37:04

I used to be the same until I discovered....
Am out at the mo, as soon as I get home I'll let U know name of the spray.
I scrubbed it for ages to get rid, now I do it regularly and it's fine, but it will build up so quickly- using those cheap scourers.
The white marks on soap dispenser also irritates me - first world problem alert!!

LittleFriendSusan Sat 12-Jan-13 10:54:07

Another recommendation here for Viakal. We live in a hard water area and I used to spend hours trying to get my shower screen clean, but with no joy. Someone on here was raving about Viakal so thought I'd give it a try. Fantastic stuff. Quick spray, leave for 5 minutes and it's sparkling smile. I'm never without it now! Like the gel for the taps too.

Al0uise Sat 12-Jan-13 14:13:07

Yes Viakal is great but if you have any natural stone; Marble, limestone, quartz, it will eat through it very quickly.

directoroflegacy Sat 12-Jan-13 14:49:39

This is it- Limelite (bright green spray & foam 2 in 1)
The barcode is 5030008002251
I got it in Asda
It really works well- we are in a hard water area

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now