Talk

Advanced search

Shoes - how/where do you keep yours?

(14 Posts)
Karbea Tue 01-Jan-13 17:54:00

Mine a squished at the bottom of my wardrobe, I can never find them.

Inspiration/solutions required ;)

41notTrendy Tue 01-Jan-13 17:59:12

Watching with interest. We keep everyday shoes and trainers on a wooden shoe rack in the cloakroom. Heels, sandals and going out footwear in bottom of wardrobe.
The shoe rack drives me nuts as DH seems incapable of putting his shoes on it and if he does he puts them on sideways so next time anyone puts a pair on, they slide off, bringing at least two other pairs off with them. angry

Arisbottle Tue 01-Jan-13 18:00:45

DH built me a dressing room, it contains a floor to ceiling shoe cabinet.

Mrsrudolphduvall Tue 01-Jan-13 18:02:16

They are all in boxes in a wardrobe and a cupboard.
Everyday boots are in the utility room.

Karbea Tue 01-Jan-13 18:07:45

arisbottle what does it look like?

mrsrudolf aren't the ones at the bottom hard to get to? And don't the boxes end up so high you can't hang anything in the wardrobe.

Mominatrix Tue 01-Jan-13 18:09:36

I also keep mine in the boxes, with a picture of contents on the outside of the box. Keeps the shoes protected, and also makes them easy to access.

Mrsrudolphduvall Tue 01-Jan-13 18:13:02

I have shelves above the clothes rail in the wardrobe.
I have all summer ones at the back, and ones I may need towards the fromt.

At this time of the year I live in 3 pairs of boots, so they are downstairs ( with boot trees of course!)

Oreocrumbs Tue 01-Jan-13 18:15:16

I have the same problem. I'm about to sort out my house properly and will keep heels, and out of season shoes (big boots in summer and sandles/flip flops in winter) in shoe boxes in then spare room wardrobe.

Day to day shoes - dog walking, work, slip on for dashing out type shoes on a rack in the utility - although that may be getting moved to downstairs loo if I start knocking holes in the wall as planned!

And then I'm going to get some of these type holders to put under the bed for the inbetween type.

Haven't decided which one I will buy - the link is just an example - I want one wide enough to put heels in not just flats, so want to see it in the flesh first.

What I should do is seriously declutter my huge shoe collection. There are shoes I know I will never ever wear agin can't walk in them now, but I won't confused.

Happiestinwellybobs Tue 01-Jan-13 18:17:19

Before DD I was a shoeaholic, so have all mine in clear shoeboxes in a wardrobe. The fact that I now live in one pair of flat boots and a couple of pairs of ballerinas means I hardly ever even look in there now sad

MrsSham Tue 01-Jan-13 18:29:47

Every day shoes in a shoe cabinet in hall. Other occasional shoes on a she rack bottom of wardrobe.

Arisbottle Tue 01-Jan-13 19:23:44

It was a labour of love, built by hand a little like this fashionismyonlydrug.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/celebrity-closets.html?m=1

He has shelves of different heights according to the different type of shoe.

Before that I had white deep billy bookcases.

Karbea Tue 01-Jan-13 19:45:04

I was just looking at ikea billy bookcases.

HollaAtMeSanta Tue 01-Jan-13 19:49:22

The nicest ones/the ones I wear most are in a billy bookcase, others are stacked up in clear plastic boxes like this. Boots are lined up under the clothes rail where I keep my out of seasson and special occision clothes.

VerySmallSqueak Tue 01-Jan-13 19:58:26

Squished in one of those soft rubbery bucket thingies in the bottom of my (damp) wardrobe,all smelly and mildewy sad

I never really wear shoes though.Boots are my passion and they stand individually at the bottom of the wardrobe with kitchen towel roll inners to keep them upright.
Flip floppy things/and birkenstocky things that I do wear are crammed in the bottom of the kitchen cupboard.

I had an aversion to keeping things in a ramshackle heap,but so long as there's no damp it doesn't seem to cause a problem so long as you put them away reasonably clean.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: