Talk

Advanced search

What do you store in your bathroom?

(5 Posts)
ApuskiMcClusky Thu 20-Dec-12 22:46:03

We've just refurbished/rebuilt our bathroom, and it's now a good size with space for us to create a decent amount of built-in storage. I'm trying to work out what makes sense to keep in the bathroom, and therefore what the storage needs to accommodate. Although we have an airing cupboard it's largely filled by the new hot water cylinder, so plan to keep all towels in the bathroom.

What else do you store in your bathroom? And what would you store there if you had the space? TIA

Wingedharpy Thu 20-Dec-12 23:57:25

The usual stuff.
Cleaning products, spare toilet rolls, spare shampoo, spare shower gel, spare liquid soap, small stock of cleaning stuff as well as cleaning stuff in use.
Friends have a big storage section in their bathroom and keep all their spare towels and bathmats in their bathroom cupboards.
I know people who keep their dirty linen basket in a built in locker thingy too.

Showtime Fri 21-Dec-12 13:53:28

With a tiny kitchen, a plumber suggested I moved the washing-machine into the (decent-sized) bathroom (I moved instead, but it could be workable).

ApuskiMcClusky Fri 21-Dec-12 20:38:30

Thanks both - a dirty linen basket is a good thought, in the vague hope that my two boys can learn to put their clothes in there! Better than one each in their rooms for me though.

Wingedharpy Sat 22-Dec-12 14:56:42

Or you could have 2 built in linen lockers and train your boys while young to sort stuff - one for whites and one for colours.
Their wives will thank you in years to come!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now