Talk

Advanced search

So tell me the best way to fill a large bean bag without covering my parlour with artificial snow?

(13 Posts)
swanthingafteranother Thu 20-Dec-12 22:35:48

I am novice to beanbag filling.

Three terrifying sacks of the little polysterene thingies are waiting to be poured into the bean bags. But how do I transfer it? No funnel is large enough.

Someone on previous thread mentioned using a Bag For Life and cutting hole in corner, then using funnel.

Maybe I should use the garden?

peeriebear Thu 20-Dec-12 22:38:02

I had to do this a couple of months ago. After weeks of skirting the issue I bit the bullet and did it with a plastic kitchen jug. I dropped a few hundred balls- it's pretty impossible not to- but keeping it simple (scoop and pour) meant there was less to go wrong!

travellingwilbury Thu 20-Dec-12 22:40:27

I don't know but I love that you have a parlour .

Good luck with the bag thing .

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 20-Dec-12 22:42:59

I also am v impressed with the parlour.

Good luck!

uptheamp Thu 20-Dec-12 22:43:37

do it in tescos car park

Purplemonster Thu 20-Dec-12 22:44:15

...carefully...then vaccum up the inevitable mess afterwards.

loveinidleness Thu 20-Dec-12 22:44:25

is parlour a euphemism? wink

They are annoying little buggers because they're all static from rubbing up against each other... I did two bean bags a couple of months ago and after several false starts I found making a big paper cornet out of newspaper (several pages thick so it stands up) and pouring them in was the best (or least worst) option. Are yours in a bag? So you can cut off a corner and pour it in.

It's not a job I'm anxious to repeat though.

FivesGoldNorks Thu 20-Dec-12 22:44:52

Do it over the bath with a jug

TiredofZombies Thu 20-Dec-12 22:45:12

Have you opened the sacks yet? When I ordered some beanbag filling it came in a sock-type thing so you just stuff it all in and don't lose any. Of course, if yours hasn't, my post is useless to you. The jug thing sounds like a good plan. Under no circumstances do it in the garden. One gust of wind and it will be a white Christmas for your entire street.

FivesGoldNorks Thu 20-Dec-12 22:46:39

Lol at Tesco car park

ShakySingsMerryXmasEveryone Thu 20-Dec-12 22:48:03

Watering can! Take the spray thing off, pour beads into watering can and then into bean bag. Repeat many, many times grin

MrsHoarder Thu 20-Dec-12 22:48:33

Do it in the bedroom?

swanthingafteranother Fri 21-Dec-12 12:55:07

Snow everywhere grin

However, one large bean bag filled. DH says it looks absolutely hideous. I think that ds1 (12) will be THRILLED.

One more to go. Hope this one is smaller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now