Talk

Advanced search

Cleaner Xmas tip?

(15 Posts)
Anothercuppatea Mon 17-Dec-12 10:13:59

We've only had cleaner for a couple of months. She comes every 2 weeks. Charges £60 per 2week clean.

She is lovely and i woul like to give xmas tip but I've never had a cleaner before and not sure what the going rate is for Xmas tip. What does everyone else do?
Tia

LadyMaryChristmas Mon 17-Dec-12 10:17:19

A tip? Tell her to move the furniture so it's easier to clean underneath. wink

Anothercuppatea Mon 17-Dec-12 10:19:19

Haha, Just re read my title and probably didn't phrase is well! I meant a Xmas tip for my cleaner. Not a tip for a cleaner Xmas !

LadyMaryChristmas Mon 17-Dec-12 10:21:34

never eat yellow snow A box of chocolates should be fine as she's pretty new.

betterwhenthesunshines Mon 17-Dec-12 13:25:02

I usually give money (extra week wages) but not for someone who hasn't been with you for long. Any small gift fine - scented candle?

Anothercuppatea Mon 17-Dec-12 13:55:55

Thanks. I was going to do £20 but perhaps that's a bit much

madcows Mon 17-Dec-12 15:22:44

I pay one week holiday pay at Xmas (and 3 more weeks of holiday pay later in the year). For a present I give £20 in Waitrose vouchers.

I give £10 and that's 1/2 a weeks pay. I think I'm a bit tight! I think many gives a weeks pay.

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 17-Dec-12 15:33:54

i am a cleaner and one of my lovely clients gave me a whole weeks wages shock i was amazed and touched at her generosity

but tbh i personally wouldn't expect a christmas tip, i think maybe £10 or a box of chocs or flowers would be ok for most cleaners?

Moomie you must have done a good job for her to give you a big tip grin

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 17-Dec-12 16:28:10

She does seem pleased with my work bless her.

and is a lottery winner so prob not short of a bob or 2

AndIfATenTonTruck Mon 17-Dec-12 16:58:56

Ooh I have been meaning to ask this. My cleaner is a true gem, does a superb job even working around the building work we have had done, has been struck down a few times recently by illness and has really struggled not being able to get to her clients. I was going to give her quite a lot more than a week's wages, but would that be in some way inappropriate? If I put it through her door anonymously would that be better/worse?

I would give a big tip if she's been brilliant during building works. Don't worry about being inappropriate!

chickydoo Mon 17-Dec-12 17:23:55

I have 3 cleaners that come once a fortnight. They are here 2 hours, so that's 6 hours in total. I gave them each an extra £5 this morning. I was going to give them £10 each, but they have only been coming since September. If they are still with me at Easter they will get £10 each.

lurkerspeaks Mon 17-Dec-12 21:52:12

I'm really out of step here. I gave my lovely cleaner (who is going "home" for 4 weeks over Christmas) her usual wages for the month when she isn't here and and extra week as a christmas bonus.

She has been cleaning for me for years though and makes my life much easier be being a generally good sort (will change beds, iron, empty the washing machine, tackle the oven etc).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now