Talk

Advanced search

Condenser dryer

(13 Posts)
LittlemissChristmas Sun 16-Dec-12 09:40:05

We currently have a very old vented tumble dryer which we are hoping to replace in the Christmas sales. Only problem is we are going to have to put the new one in the garage so will need to go for a condenser one. Any recommendations or any in particular to avoid?

HystericalParoxysm Sun 16-Dec-12 09:41:10

I love my Bosch Classix! Had it for years no problems

LittlemissChristmas Sun 16-Dec-12 11:12:46

Fab thanks I'll have a look.
Any others?

bigknickersbigknockers Sun 16-Dec-12 11:17:10

love my Bosch Avantixx 8

MoaningMingeWhimpersAgain Sun 16-Dec-12 12:07:19

I've just got an Indesit from JL for 199 and happy with it so far, mine's in the garage too. Just need to empty the water each time and wash out the condenser once a month. It's bliss after not having one for 10 yrs!

LittlemissChristmas Tue 18-Dec-12 05:33:08

Excellent thank you.

dilbertina Tue 18-Dec-12 06:00:35

We got a cheapy Beko thing. Has large capacity which was important for me as I have a propensity to overload! I was always suspicious of condenser driers until forced to sample one in a rented French house for years - they really do work fine! As long as you have a sink or drain nearby it is no bother to empty tank.

Six months in I would happily recommend the cheap Beko we have, works quickly and efficiently. I tend to have a "laundry day", so poor thing might be run 6 or 7 times in a row - it has so far coped fine with this.

PigletJohn Tue 18-Dec-12 09:39:22

if you want, you can make a hole in the garage wall for the duct from a vented drier. You can hire a core drill for less than the extra cost of a condensor.

betterwhenthesunshines Tue 18-Dec-12 10:51:38

Marking spot, as will need one for garage too in the new year (although there is an exit hole for a vent). Was hoping to have one in utility room, but new boiler has to be floor standing, so there goes my space.... sad

PigletJohn Wed 19-Dec-12 08:52:51

Better

If you already have a washer in your ute, you can probably get a stacking kit to put a drier on top. Bosch do a kit which seems to fit all their washers and all their driers and no doubt there are other makes.

I saw a mention that some driers dont work in a cold garage but don't know the stpry.

Mandy21 Wed 19-Dec-12 12:17:18

We have one too and I love mine. Have had a condenser dryer for years now - have had it on old fashioned out houses / garage / separate utility room - even the winter where we were under 4ft of snow for the best part of a month - never any problems with the cold weather. I think this one is an Indesit - certainly not a particularly expensive one. Don't clean it out and only empty the water when the light is on. Works like a dream.

BeaLola Wed 19-Dec-12 22:31:45

I have never had a tumble dryer until this year when I became a Mummy. Had to have a condenser as going in garage & not feasible to make the hole in wall. We bought :

Indesit IDCE8450B

Inc a £10 delivery charge for named day am slot we paid £243. It was worth every penny - I love it - I adore it - it is fab . I would never go back to not having a t/dryer. I programme it mostly overbight/early hours as much cheaper electricity then. My DH is also total convert.

SunnyUpNorth Mon 24-Dec-12 10:32:44

I have a hotpoint condenser one with quite a large capacity, think its 8kg. I too only empty the water every few loads and I have checked the filter a couple of times but never cleaned it?!!

It isTCM580. Actually just looked at the manual to see what model it is and it says to clean the condenser monthly, oops!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: