Talk

Advanced search

Aargh, DS has peed in our bed!

(6 Posts)
BelinaTheChicken Sat 15-Dec-12 16:04:31

On DH's side, so not so bad grin

Only just noticed now as I picked his pyjamas up to wash and noticed they were wet but his bed was suspiciously dry. He had got into bed with DH for a cuddle whilst I got up with DS2, and left a little surprise.

How do I get it out??? The stain is the size of a dinner plate, and pretty well soaked in by now. Was looking forward to an early night with my book, not so tempting now

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 15-Dec-12 18:48:42

I'm maybe a bit late, but I'd try old towels on the mattress, and a hot-water bottle on top to "draw" the urine up.

FivesGoldNorks Sat 15-Dec-12 18:50:11

on DH's side you say....
<evil thoughts>

chocolatespiders Sat 15-Dec-12 18:50:22

once dry bicarb and tea tree or lavender oil sprinkled on and left for hours then hoover up

FivesGoldNorks Sat 15-Dec-12 18:53:10

In fairness I scrub with dettol and hot water and then turn the mattress over
Good point - how long do the DCs have to be dry at night before it's worthwhile replacing their mattresses? DS mostly dry 18 months (iirc), DD about 9 months

BelinaTheChicken Sat 15-Dec-12 22:27:49

Norks we have a DS2, so not worth changing for a looong time. Same goes for the sofa, really grotty looking and torn up by our old dog, but no point getting a shiny new one until the DC learn not to put advent calendar chocolate coated fingers all over it!

Have sorted it, found a blog that recommended bicarb, dish soap and hydrogen peroxide, didn't have hydrogen peroxide (mattress is blue though, so probably not a good idea anyway), so mixed it up into a paste with some water and used that. Smells clean now, but nearly killed myself turning it over

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now