Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ever rented a carpet cleaning machine?

(9 Posts)
wellienelliee Mon 26-Nov-12 14:13:30

Hi, Has anyone rented a carpet cleaning machine? is it worth doing this yourself as I've always hired people to do this? I need a couple of rooms and rugs cleaned and professionally is a bit pricey as in they charge £25 for just a rug! diy about £30 inclusive of carpet shampoo for 2 days hire?

FreakyLookingStupidTurtle Mon 26-Nov-12 16:14:22

I have hired Rug Doctors several times and I think they are fantastic. They do a good job and it's a lot cheaper than getting the experts in. You can hire them from Tesco and Homebase (and many other places too)

ISeeSmallPeople Mon 26-Nov-12 16:16:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IcouldstillbeJoseph Mon 26-Nov-12 16:18:13

Another one here in support of the Rug Doctor...

Astelia Mon 26-Nov-12 16:18:31

I did once years ago but vowed never again. DH was very ill just after and it turned out to be very likely that bugs in the wet carpet had affected him. We got rid of all our carpets after that and polished the floorboards.

InNeedOfBrandy Mon 26-Nov-12 16:20:57

YY rug doctor, I rented it from morrisons and it brought my cream carpet up beautifully,

Also used rug doctor and happy with the results. It does need some time to dry so we did it in summer when it was warm and we could keep the windows open. (winter then just whack on the heating!)
P.s. learnt the first time - prep and clear the floors the day before, otherwise tidying eats quite a bit into your hire time! Also can share amongst friends to get full value for money!!!

wellienelliee Mon 26-Nov-12 16:54:30

Thank you for the replies and the tips, exactly what I wanted to hear!! not Astelia sorry that happened to your dh.. I was looking at renting the rug doctor at our local homebase, also have a morrisons nearby! sorted then! thanks again..

mosaica Mon 26-Nov-12 23:59:19

Hi! I heard from someone on this forum that they used Persil small and mighty and it was fine, even better as regular Rug Doctor shampoo as the smell is so lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now