Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning poo off the sofa (may be revolting, sorry!)

(8 Posts)
PoisonMountain Wed 21-Nov-12 04:06:51

In the evening yesterday DS did a huge, liquid, explosive poo. It came out of his nappy and pooled on the sofa, right at the back so it ran down between the back cushion and the cushion you sit on. I cannot take the cushions off the sofa, there is like a pocket acouple of inches deep along the edge where the seat and back meet. I tried cleaning with soapy water then drying, with kitchen paper until the paper came away clear, then with towels. Then sprayed on some carpet and upholstery vanish cleaner.

Just came through to feed DD and it stinks. We have guests coming this afternoon, what else can I do?

NatashaBee Wed 21-Nov-12 04:15:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PoisonMountain Wed 21-Nov-12 04:22:46

A solution or as powder?

Paintyourbox Wed 21-Nov-12 16:45:55

I feel your pain- DD did similar a few weeks ago.

I managed to get the stains out with washing up liquid. Apply with a cloth, lather it up, leave for a couple minutes then remove with warm water. Disclaimer: try a little blob somewhere discrete incase the colour comes out.

NatashaBee Wed 21-Nov-12 17:03:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PoisonMountain Wed 21-Nov-12 21:37:23

Well, I've washed it again. It still smells, but of a mix of cleaner. I'm a bit reluctant to leave th powder on it over night as DS gets up earlier than me. DH has suggested steam cleaning it so I'm going to go to the DIY shop tomorrow and see if I can rent a steam cleaner (can clean the carpet too!)

PoisonMountain Wed 21-Nov-12 21:37:39

And thanks for the advice!

PoisonMountain Thu 22-Nov-12 16:59:22

DH says the sofa smells nice smile so hopefully my three hour cleaning marathon this morning worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now