Talk

Advanced search

Stacking laundry baskets?

(10 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 19-Nov-12 13:24:51

Right, hoping someone can help me find what I'm looking for!

Fed up with carrying baskets of laundry upstairs and sorting it etc, ready for everyone to put away (there are 5 of us). What I want is a set of baskets, one for each member of the family, that can live in the utility room. Once things are dry or ironed, they can go in each person's basket ready for their collection.

But what sort of basket or bin/box would be suitable for this? I was thinking stacking maybe?

GuylianReindeer Mon 19-Nov-12 19:45:42

I buy these from the garden center, they come in a few sizes. Each person in the house has a different colour. I'm hoping one day they will be emptied by the recipients into their respective wardrobes, but I'm not sure that will ever happen!

Dancergirl Mon 19-Nov-12 20:13:30

Yes that sort of thing. What size do you have guylian?

GuylianReindeer Mon 19-Nov-12 20:34:20

I've looked at mine, they are 'tubtrugs', 26 litre for the DC's clothes and 38 liters for mine.

Arithmeticulous Mon 19-Nov-12 20:37:32

We have Ikea Antonius which you can fill with wire or plastic drawers, I sort as stuff comes out of the tumble dryer or off the airer - each person has their own drawer. When someone's drawer is full, it goes upstairs to be emptied by that person.

Dancergirl Mon 19-Nov-12 21:27:06

I like that idea arithmet, do ikea sell the drawers too? Different colours?

Arithmeticulous Tue 20-Nov-12 09:41:13

Same colours, but they are detachable - I didn't want a drawer set that was stuck together iyswim, I want to be able to walk up to a small child, give them a box of their clothes and tell them to put it away grin

JohnnyDeppsfuturewife Tue 20-Nov-12 10:21:57

I use colourful versions of these (bought from my local hardware shop). Utility room is tiny so they just fit on the worktop above the washing machine.

www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Storage-Boxes-32-Plastic/dp/B005KGVU9Y

I have 3 and use them to store washing that's dried, and washing that's been ironed. Best bit is when it's done they just fold down.

CarpeJugulum Tue 20-Nov-12 10:28:27

I use the version that JohnnyDeppsfuturewife uses too. B&Q do them as well.

Our house is odd in layout, so washing is usually in dining room, so crates out on table, stuff pulled off hangers, folded into relevant crate and put away.

I tend to lay it all away as DH is out at 7 and not back until DS is about ready for bed and DS is too little yet, so it's easier for me to do it, but being in separate crates makes it a doddle.

MrsMangoBiscuit Tue 20-Nov-12 10:33:45

Same as JohnnyDeppsfuturewife and JohnnyDeppsfuturewife here. I think we got some from Tesco, and some from Dunelm Mill. We have them in different colours. I love the fact that the sides aren't sloped, so things stack in them properly without getting creased. They stack easily, fold down easily, and can actually hold quite a lot of weight. We used them for holding all the bathroom bottles and bits when we had it re-tiled, and had no problem being lugged about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now