Talk

Advanced search

I am refurbing my house and need good sites to buy interiors any suggestions?

(7 Posts)
AvaMumma Mon 19-Nov-12 13:11:47

I am going to be starting a refurb project & am looking for advice to get inspiration for my home.
I have quite a generous budget however I want to make sure I am buying investment pieces that I can keep in my home for a long time & that are also timeless.

I have 2 children & one more on the way so I am starting to stress about how long this is going to take me...

Any one have any words of advice?

StormyWeek Mon 19-Nov-12 13:15:49

An App called Houzz is brilliant. Best on an iPad. It's mainly American, so not great to buy from, but it's all the inspiration you'll need, and is so easy to use. You can send any of the images to your ideas book, and once looked at, you'll be addicted. Certainty!

AvaMumma Mon 19-Nov-12 13:18:06

Thats great thanks, I am ideally looking for somewhere that I can buy from.
There seems to be no one place that you can get inspiration & the purchase...

I'm using interest to get some ideas but it's frustrating because you can't actually go to the links of all the images!

Frustrated.com

AvaMumma Mon 19-Nov-12 13:21:58

Pinterest not interest! *oops

LottieC74 Mon 19-Nov-12 14:52:22

I have the same problem! I've just stumbled across this article though, think the site looks pretty good? You have to sign up and become a 'member' but it only takes about 30 seconds and once you're in, there is everything you need get some inspiration, you're even able to put collections together. Best part? The pieces are actually available to buy unlike a lot of these interior sites!

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2233133/New-website-lets-interior-designer--free.html

AvaMumma Mon 19-Nov-12 14:57:41

Ohh I like the fact that they give you suggestions of what I might like and the magazine looks really interesting, I like the way they tie in fashion with interiors, YSL shoes with a matching mirror, amazing!

Luxdeco.com might be my new favorite site thanks you thanks

educatingarti Wed 21-Nov-12 09:54:48

Have you tried made.com ? I like some of the stuff on there and they claim it is a lot cheaper than the high street. you may have to wait a bit longer for stuff though and of course you can't try out how comfy things like sofas are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now