Talk

Advanced search

Coffee Machine Recommendations

(10 Posts)
tabbycat15 Sun 11-Nov-12 13:37:36

I'm looking for one for cappichinos. I like the idea of the pods. I want one rhat's easy to use & easy to clean. Does anyone have any reviews on the Nespresso?

LittleAbruzzenBear Sun 11-Nov-12 13:46:14

I love the Delonghi Icona, but I'm a coffee snob. It is surprisingly easy to use and clean and IMO it's like a toy for grown-ups, you know, pretend you're a barrista in a little cafe in Italy! blush. My friend has a Nespresso which does the job. It depends what you like, do you want it to look good and taste. The caps I make in the Delonghi taste like the real thing.

LittleAbruzzenBear Sun 11-Nov-12 13:46:59

and how you want it to taste, that should read!

FIFIBEBE Sun 11-Nov-12 14:02:07

Have an old Nespresso machine ( about 8 years old) and we love it. It is small and does the job. the only problem is the need to descale constantly ( live in South east)

tabbycat15 Sun 11-Nov-12 14:04:47

Thanks, I want it to taste not too strong & lots of froth. I like lots of milk & a nice smooth taste.

LittleAbruzzenBear Sun 11-Nov-12 16:10:11

With the Delonghi one you get lots of froth, which is my main 'want' from a cappuccino too. I use Lavazza Gold or Saquella for the coffee. Hope that helps! smile

tabbycat15 Mon 12-Nov-12 01:55:02

Thanks

amazonianwoman Mon 12-Nov-12 10:13:47

Nespresso ones are fab! Small, easy to clean and great tasting coffee (and I'm a coffee snob and used to make literally hundreds of coffees a day as a barista in an upmarket coffee place in Sydney)

RarelyUnreasonable Mon 12-Nov-12 10:20:03

Francis Francis machines with illy capsules - far, far nicer than Nespresso.

sedgieloo Mon 12-Nov-12 10:29:39

We have the delonghi Magnifica. It grinds the beans just before making the coffee or you can use grounds. Great reviews on amazon and coffee geek sold it for me, worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now