Talk

Advanced search

Washing machine trouble (advice please)

(6 Posts)
sticksnstones Sat 10-Nov-12 17:41:34

Hi i was hoping somebody could help me please.
I have a top of the range washing machine which was bought a few years back but ever since i have had it keeps on making tiny little holes in my clothes especially the finer garments , like a t-shirt, or a nice pullover or something.
Why is it doing this? Is it because i am spinning the finer garments too strongly or is it a fault of the washing maching.My instincts tell me it is spinning too hard thus causing these little holes.
It's so upsetting retrieving clothes from the machine to see them ruined.

If anybody could shed any light on it i would be very grateful.TYIA

PixieHot Sat 10-Nov-12 21:56:22

Hmm, I think I've read threads on here about this before - IIRC, the consensus is that it's not washing machines that makes it happen, it's belt buckles or something confused.

I get the little holes sometimes too. Often nowhere near where my belt buckle would be. It's bloody annoying.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:17:53

Open zips apparently cause damage like this.

As would bio detergent on wool or silk.

careergirl Sat 10-Nov-12 23:56:46

I would try setting the spin to a lower spin and put delicate items in the mesh laundry bags for extra protection also use a detergent for delicates e.g persil silk and wool. Also I put items with zips on etc into laundry bags too to protect other items and stop them banging around inside the machine.

PigletJohn Sun 11-Nov-12 00:03:14

there might be a rough edge or split, or a bra wire or some other sharp object caught in the drum or door seal, or maybe poking through one of the holes. A very small number of washers have a hatch in the drum you can reach through to remove such things, look at the instructions. Otherwise it is a bit of a maintenance job to remove (at least) the seal and feel about with your 18-inch-long fingers.

sticksnstones Sun 11-Nov-12 09:31:20

Thank you very much for your help;you are very kind and it is much appreciated.Sticks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now