Talk

Advanced search

Batch cooking - any ideas?

(16 Posts)
ChristineDaae Fri 09-Nov-12 09:13:12

I send DD to nursery with a 'proper' meal for lunch as she doesnt really eat at tea time. Do far I've made Casserole, spag Bol, cottage pie, scouse... What else can I make?

nkf Fri 09-Nov-12 09:18:26

Lasagna
Soup

nkf Fri 09-Nov-12 09:20:41

Do they heat them up at nursery? Home made Cornish pasties? I'm about to make a batch. Meatballs?

ChristineDaae Fri 09-Nov-12 09:26:44

Two they heat it up for her. Homemade cornish pasties sound lovely!! What do you send the meatballs with?

nkf Fri 09-Nov-12 09:29:08

Spaghetti or rice. I don't do nursery food but I do take a packed lunch to work every day. And to be honest, it's usualy leftovers from supper. I was just thinking of things I'd eaten recently.

AnnIonicIsoTronic Fri 09-Nov-12 13:40:03

lentils

iMe Fri 09-Nov-12 16:11:04

Fish pie

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 09-Nov-12 18:19:23

Corned beef hash? I love that.

MushroomSoup Fri 09-Nov-12 19:21:19

Pirate pie?
Sausage and beans with a mash topping!

TheSkiingGardener Fri 09-Nov-12 19:24:06

All varieties of pasta bake, and all varieties of potato bake!

Risotto

CharlieBoo Fri 09-Nov-12 21:51:31

I just did a huge batch of chilli, next week am planning on doing a batch of curry. Did lasagne a few weeks ago, and shepherds pie. Jutt so handy to have them in the freezer when you've got nothing in. I am on the look out for new recipes too though... Haven't done pasa bake, wondered if it might be a bit dry once frozen?

ChristineDaae Sat 10-Nov-12 12:58:43

Ohhh Thanks all, some great ideas. Loving the pirate pie! Do you mean tinned sausage and beans or beans and proper sausage?

MushroomSoup Sat 10-Nov-12 17:18:10

You can do either. If you want to go the whole hog for pirate pie you sprinkle tinned sweetcorn into the sausage and beans (that's the gold!) put the mash top on and a big slice of tomato (that's the handle of the chest!) and then add cheese. Under the grill to melt.

MushroomSoup Sat 10-Nov-12 17:27:37

You can do either. If you want to go the whole hog for pirate pie you sprinkle tinned sweetcorn into the sausage and beans (that's the gold!) put the mash top on and a big slice of tomato (that's the handle of the chest!) and then add cheese. Under the grill to melt.

MushroomSoup Sat 10-Nov-12 17:28:03

Oops! It's not THAT good!

PurplePidjin Sat 10-Nov-12 17:35:20

Pasta in cheese sauce with or without tuna and sweetcorn or chicken and mushroom, pasta in tomato sauce, lentil and chickpea dal, risotto, shepherd's/cottage/fish pie, beef/lamb/veg stew/casserole/curry.

All stuff currently in my freezer ready for either dp to need a packed lunch or PidjChick's imminent arrival in which case I'll need to grab and go with dinner! I just make double or triple quantities of dinner. 99p for 8 plastic pots (or cheaper on ebay) and masking tape for labelling smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now