Talk

Advanced search

Duvets- wool or silk filled?

(5 Posts)
Fayrazzled Thu 08-Nov-12 18:06:32

I am in the market for a new duvet and am considering either a wool or silk filled one rather than down/feather. Does anyone have any experience? There are good reviews for both on the JL website. I hate microfibre/ polyester ones but do like the feel of feather/down. However,I like the hypoallergenic properties of the wool or silk. I can't get into a store to have look, I was wondering whether the wool/silk duvets are v flat? Do they sit in duvet covers nicely iyswim? Many thanks for any thoughts/experiences?

treesntrees Thu 08-Nov-12 18:32:32

I have a wool duvet from John Lewis. My covers are Ikea and they are a little roomy. Very comfy though that the colder weather is here. I use a cotton duvet when the weather is warm. Would love to try a silk one. By the way if you don't like the smell of lanolien you might want to avoid the wool one. I love it.

Fayrazzled Thu 08-Nov-12 21:25:21

Thanks treesntrees. Food for thought.

amazonianwoman Fri 09-Nov-12 00:46:01

DD has a wool duvet from Baavet. It feels lovely, heavier than a down one ( which she likes) and seems to regulate temperature well (I've used it for one night).

The only drawback is that it doesn't seem to sit/stay in place as well in the cover. I have to shake it back into place each morning, which is ok with a single but wouldn't fancy doing that with a super king. It may just be this particular brand though?

WhatWouldVegansDo Fri 09-Nov-12 00:50:34

Bamboo. Here for info: www.betweenthesheets.co.uk/bamboo-duvet.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now