Talk

Advanced search

Stinky Shirt Stains

(11 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 08-Nov-12 16:44:33

DH has a shirt with some hard marks under the armpit <searches for vom emoticon>.

Anyway, I've washed it at 60, I've put soap and hot water on them and scrubbed. Have now run out of ideas. Is it a bin job?

Littleover Thu 08-Nov-12 21:09:49

Hi.
I wrote in for help with this problem a while back, all of my DH's work shirts were the same . Get some white vinegar in a spray bottle and cover the whole stiff area ( never thought I'd ever type those instructions! ) and leave for about 15-20mins don't rinse it but wash as normal in the machine. Might take a couple of goes to break it down, give it a go! The rest of the wash won't smell like a chip shop either.

PigletJohn Thu 08-Nov-12 23:11:04

get him to wear cotton t-shirts as vests.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 09-Nov-12 09:06:30

Thank you both, will try both suggestions smile.

dreamingofsun Fri 09-Nov-12 10:39:17

second white vinegar suggestion which i learnt about on here

PolterGoose Fri 09-Nov-12 12:24:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ppeatfruit Fri 09-Nov-12 13:14:48

Is the shirt cotton or man made? If it's cotton put in a boil wash (or in a pot on the cooker if its only one shirt) agree about spraying with white vinegar; then scrub stain with a good amount of bicarbonate of soda which is much cheaper than aspirin grin and leave overnight.

You can do similar with man made material but would be a bit more likely to damage the shirt.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 09-Nov-12 14:08:39

Unfortunately its manmade. Don't suppose it really matters if it gets damaged though. Will have a look at changing his deodorant too, thank you.

ppeatfruit Fri 09-Nov-12 16:21:45

I use the 'crystal' deo which works for 2 days if you put it on correctly also can last for 6 months to a year If you don't drop and break it on a tiled floor grin. It doesn't cost much more than the normal ones as well.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 09-Nov-12 20:53:34

Thank you ppeat will add that to ny ever increasing shopping list smile

ppeatfruit Sat 10-Nov-12 08:01:38

grin BTW the man made shirts,sweaters, etc. get smelly soo much more than the cotton ones I don't know the science I just know they do!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: