Talk

Advanced search

Stinky Shirt Stains

(11 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 08-Nov-12 16:44:33

DH has a shirt with some hard marks under the armpit <searches for vom emoticon>.

Anyway, I've washed it at 60, I've put soap and hot water on them and scrubbed. Have now run out of ideas. Is it a bin job?

Littleover Thu 08-Nov-12 21:09:49

Hi.
I wrote in for help with this problem a while back, all of my DH's work shirts were the same . Get some white vinegar in a spray bottle and cover the whole stiff area ( never thought I'd ever type those instructions! ) and leave for about 15-20mins don't rinse it but wash as normal in the machine. Might take a couple of goes to break it down, give it a go! The rest of the wash won't smell like a chip shop either.

PigletJohn Thu 08-Nov-12 23:11:04

get him to wear cotton t-shirts as vests.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 09-Nov-12 09:06:30

Thank you both, will try both suggestions smile.

dreamingofsun Fri 09-Nov-12 10:39:17

second white vinegar suggestion which i learnt about on here

PolterGoose Fri 09-Nov-12 12:24:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ppeatfruit Fri 09-Nov-12 13:14:48

Is the shirt cotton or man made? If it's cotton put in a boil wash (or in a pot on the cooker if its only one shirt) agree about spraying with white vinegar; then scrub stain with a good amount of bicarbonate of soda which is much cheaper than aspirin grin and leave overnight.

You can do similar with man made material but would be a bit more likely to damage the shirt.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 09-Nov-12 14:08:39

Unfortunately its manmade. Don't suppose it really matters if it gets damaged though. Will have a look at changing his deodorant too, thank you.

ppeatfruit Fri 09-Nov-12 16:21:45

I use the 'crystal' deo which works for 2 days if you put it on correctly also can last for 6 months to a year If you don't drop and break it on a tiled floor grin. It doesn't cost much more than the normal ones as well.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 09-Nov-12 20:53:34

Thank you ppeat will add that to ny ever increasing shopping list smile

ppeatfruit Sat 10-Nov-12 08:01:38

grin BTW the man made shirts,sweaters, etc. get smelly soo much more than the cotton ones I don't know the science I just know they do!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now