Talk

Advanced search

Induction cooker virgin

(4 Posts)
SmoothOperandus Tue 06-Nov-12 06:39:25

Having one delivered soon and I understand I need a new set of pots and pans, is that right? Would somebody kindly link me to some decent and reasonably priced sets please? TIA

crunchingautumnleaves Tue 06-Nov-12 15:15:01

Judge pans are great quality, work excellently on induction hob & come with a 25 year guarantee. Not sure about price though - been ages since I saw them. Guessing they're a midrange - more than supermarkets etc but not Le Creuset.

Not used Denby pans before but just seen there are some great offers on them at Debenhams.

Rattitude Tue 06-Nov-12 15:57:45

I think induction hobs are excellent but, Smooth, just a word of warning...

My Mum (who lives on her own) has just had one from Bosch fitted in her new kitchen. There are three rings: one small, one medium and one large. She has found that the medium and large do not recognise small pans. So my poor Mum cannot use two small pans at the same time, which makes the hob pretty useless to her.

Talking to other people, it seems that most other brands of induction hobs support the use of small pans on large rings though.

toomanyeasterbunnies Tue 06-Nov-12 19:54:27

My basic Neff induction doesn't like a small pan on a large ring. Hasn't been a problem for me though as cooking for 5 always tends to require big pans. Also, you can just check whether any of your existing pans will work with a magnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now