Talk

Advanced search

Steam mops do they dry the floor?

(5 Posts)
spottymoo Mon 05-Nov-12 18:47:00

Do steam mop dry the floor as well as clean I have a large kitchen / diner and two very big dogs the floors needed doing daily and the dogs need to go in the kitchen to get outdoors and it takes over an hr for the floors to dry.

So was wondering if a steam mop would help

bureni Mon 05-Nov-12 18:48:39

a steam mop will wet the floor but they use so little water that the floor dries very quickly

gemma4d Tue 06-Nov-12 20:31:36

I have a Vax S2. To make steam come out you hold a button in. The longer you hold the button in, the wetter it gets. Ease up on the button and push the mop around a bit and everything gets drier less wet. So for a good clean it gets wet, for a light clean it just gets damp.

Also I believe you can get a thicker microfibre mop-end which reportedly leaves the floor drier. Not tried it. The standard mop head is thin/flat microfibre, but you can buy a long-bobbled mop head.

spottymoo Wed 07-Nov-12 20:54:47

thanks for the advise think a trip into town is needed as with two monster dogs its a loosing battle daily.

LilllyLovesLife Wed 07-Nov-12 21:06:52

Can you not get a second mop, maybe a flat microfibre one, to keep dry and use it to go over the floor to dry it after you have mopped maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now