Talk

Advanced search

Iron recommendations please

(8 Posts)
PuddinAforeDinner Mon 05-Nov-12 08:49:10

Have posted this in household goods but thought I would put it here as this seems to get more traffic.

I need to buy a new iron as the last two I have had haven't lasted angry.

I would like one with a good shot of steam to cut through hard denim creases etc.

Please could someone recommend one as I am getting so confused looking online blush.

Thanks.

CarpeJugulum Mon 05-Nov-12 08:50:31

Are you after a steam generator variety (more expensive) or a bog-standard iron?

Headiteddie Mon 05-Nov-12 08:52:03

We've got this one - the steam pressure is much greater than on an ordinary iron and it is much lighter to use as the water is in the tank, not the iron. Will never go back to an ordinary iron now.

PuddinAforeDinner Mon 05-Nov-12 09:04:58

Thanks for the recommendation, shall take a good look at this.

I hadn't thought about a steam generator iron, are they much better than an ordinary one?

CarpeJugulum Mon 05-Nov-12 10:40:52

In a freak co-incidence, that's the exact iron I have too and I love it.

Just done 3 loads of washing in about 45 minutes.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Mon 05-Nov-12 10:43:42

In even more of a coincidence I have that iron too! I absolutely love it! I like ironing anyway, and whizz through it, but that iron is brilliant. It is well worth the money.

milkybrew Mon 05-Nov-12 10:50:05

Mine isn't a steam generator one like the one linked, but is a Phillips. Azur I think it's called. It's a very good iron, the best I've had! It was half price in Argos clearance so was 35 instead of 70. I couldn't stretch to a steam generator at the time but haven't regretted this one-the soleplate is very smooth and hasn't discoloured like previous irons.

PuddinAforeDinner Mon 05-Nov-12 10:50:27

That's great, thanks everyone.

Looks like this is the one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now