Talk

Advanced search

No heating - pilot light out - HELP PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

(4 Posts)
TheBigKidsDidIt Sun 04-Nov-12 22:28:27

Are there any plumbers about? We have a 15 year old Gloworm Ultimate boiler - it broke a couple of weeks back and we had a new pump fitted and all was well. Tonight there's a different problem - the pilot light won't light and we have no heating.

I have checked the pressure and it's 1.2, the reset button is in. Have tried turning it on and off again - I can hear the flint thing making a clicking noise, everything sounds fine and dandy and the boiler is roaring BUT no pilot light.

Any ideas? Am cccooollldd...

PigletJohn Mon 05-Nov-12 00:41:01

I am going to guess it is the thermocouple, most old boilers with a pilot light have one, and they wear out after a few years. On these you usually have to press and hold a knob or button until it has lit and warmed up, maybe 30 seconds or a minute.

you need a Gas Safe repairer.

TheBigKidsDidIt Mon 05-Nov-12 00:54:26

Hi Piglet

No we don't have to do that - it is an automatic pilot light system. All we have to play with is a red reset button (not popped) and a thermostat control that can go up or down.

Thank you for replying.

TheBigKidsDidIt Mon 05-Nov-12 00:54:53

Could a pilot light go out with heavy rain - I know that sounds thick as it is indoors but it is bucketting here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now