Talk

Advanced search

Can we have the definitive Mumsnet solution for storing Lego & Playmobil please

(6 Posts)
Paintbynumbers Sun 04-Nov-12 13:32:32

Just had massive toy sort out ahead of Christmas influx.

All things neatly in their own trofast boxes: farm, zoo, trainset, marble run etc.

And then there's the Lego. Boxes and boxes of broken up sets.

DS2 is getting Playmobil castle for Christmas (DS1 never wanted any) but surely that's going to be even worse with its teeny tiny pieces.

Give me your best shot!

DameEnidsOrange Sun 04-Nov-12 19:18:34

I was about to say trofast but you beat me to it, beyond that I'm no help

Paintbynumbers Sun 04-Nov-12 19:26:23

Maybe I just need to go with more of the 1 depth white drawers rather than the red ones.

They're just too big to be useful. It's like a Lego bran tub! grin

BornToFolk Sun 04-Nov-12 19:29:32

Buggered if I know! DS has some boxes that were handed down to him and then I got some small boxes from Clas Ohlssen to keep the really tiny bits in - they are sectioned with lids, the kind of thing that you might keep screws etc in.
That all works well enough for the random bits and pieces but it's the finished/half finished sets that I stuggle with. They just end up shoved on shelves and bits get broken off as people walk by!
There must be a better solution...

41notTrendy Sun 04-Nov-12 19:32:55

Trofast grin
I tried to smarten up ds's bedroom last week and just sighed at the multitude of bits. Bakugans, Lego, playmobil, knights, superheroes etc etc etc. I came to the conclusion I just need more storage. And they don't make one big enough for what I think we'd need, unless you can bolt two if the buggers together grin

41notTrendy Sun 04-Nov-12 19:33:35

* of

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now