Talk

Advanced search

bio vs non bio and just how on earth do you keep school polo shirts white???

(12 Posts)
NinjaChipmunk Fri 02-Nov-12 10:02:52

Ds started reception this Sept just gone and already his polo shirts are stained and going grey. I use non bio liquid on a 30 or 40 degree wash. Would bio help keep them white? what else could I use to get rid of the stains? I'm guessing I'm not the only person who has had this problem so there must be an answer out there somewhere?

Mintyy Fri 02-Nov-12 10:08:29

Wash only with other whites at 50 degrees and dry outside in the summer. If they get very stained I soak in a bio solution first but then always wash with non-bio. And I find all liquids and liqui tabs rubbish for laundry. Big box powders all the way for me.

PolterGoose Fri 02-Nov-12 10:31:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 02-Nov-12 14:25:18

I use bio powder and add a scoop of vanish oxi action crystal white when washing dh's white shirts/my white bras, etc

noisytoys Fri 02-Nov-12 14:45:48

A soak in good old fashioned bleach. Or Milton does the trick

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 02-Nov-12 14:49:46

Be careful with bleach as it could make things go yellow.

JollyJack Fri 02-Nov-12 14:52:31

I don't wash things at low temperatures. 60 is the default. If it is something expensive/nice it gets washed at 40. Clothes that can't be washed at those temps don't belong in our house.

Hanging things outside makes them go back to white.

IWipeArses Fri 02-Nov-12 14:54:14

Navy blue polo shirts. Always been wary of bio, having eczema, but not really looked into it.

legalalien Fri 02-Nov-12 15:03:12

Naps an - soak overnight

legalalien Fri 02-Nov-12 15:03:40

That would be, "Napisan"

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 02-Nov-12 22:18:41

I read that it's only the UK that associates bio with eczema.

I use Aldi bio which in the Which? tests came out as compareable to ariel but better than persil, daz and surf.

All my whites are very White.

MrsMiniversCharlady Fri 02-Nov-12 22:20:42

When we used cloth nappies my daughter got horrendous nappy rash when I used non bio. When I changed to bio it cleared up overnight. I would never use non bio again for this reason, and because it is crap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now