Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

pushchair /pram hallway storage

(9 Posts)
Lucyannieamy Tue 30-Oct-12 22:29:35

baby no.2 due in Feb and just thinking about getting all the baby stuff down. One of the things is the pushchair/pram - the face-both-ways, lie-flat fancy. It's been up in the loft since we moved DD (now 2.5) into a very basic light mclaren.

I have 2 problems I'm hoping someone can make some suggestions. Firstly the pushchair - Mama's & Papa's Urbo, folds to stand on the chasis and back wheels and the chasis part seriously scratched our old laminate floor. We've had a new hallway laminate floor laid since and I don't want to ruin that, so I need something to stand it on, that looks better than old scaps of carpet.

Secondly, how do I keep the 2 pushchairs in the hallway without it looking like a nursery entrance or obstacle course? I have about 80x40cm of space, less if I go for getting down the stairs in a hurry as more important. The Mclaren is currently forever falling over to block the front door, the pushchair is bound to do the same.

All ideas gratefully received!

RarelyUnreasonable Wed 31-Oct-12 13:37:22

I don't think our double fits in the hallway properly, so it will be a feature of the front room from next month. Joyous.

I have no helpful tips, but you're not alone in living in a nursery!

How about a cheapish rug from ikea for the hall that the chassis can go on?

WaxyBean Wed 31-Oct-12 15:49:43

This from Ikea. We've got 2 protecting our wooden floor, one under the highchair and a second in the hall for the pram to go on. Not too obvious, easy to clean and not at all slippery.

IWipeArses Wed 31-Oct-12 17:39:16

You could use a sling, thereby not needing the pram.

Have you seen those racks for hanging bikes on walls? Might work.

Lucyannieamy Wed 31-Oct-12 20:57:04

Waxybean - hadn't seen that, would work on the floor

Iwipearses - valid point, will be mainly using a sling and the mclaren for when DD gives up on walking/needs strapping down but know there'll be some times when I don't want the sling, so want both out. Will have a look at the bike hanging

Mum2Fergus Wed 31-Oct-12 21:49:18

Could you get some secure storage outside near front door?

jazzandh Thu 01-Nov-12 15:30:48

I put my pram on a turtle mat. Absorbs water and dirt and can be slung in washing machine.

I keep the pram in the dining room which we rarely use - so it's out of sight mostly. If dining room is in use - pram is put in the boot of the car.

Are you going to be using 2 pushchairs at the same time - or is it just until baby is due - in which case I would leave it where it is!

ceeveebee Thu 01-Nov-12 15:33:47

I have two double buggies for my twins, one fancy pants Icandy 'travel system' and an obaby umbrella fold. We keep the icandy in the car boot and we fold up the other one and stick it in the corner on a doormat (or sometimes I can't be bothered and it just blocks everyone's way)

educatingarti Thu 01-Nov-12 18:52:34

Have you seen this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now