Talk

Advanced search

Where do you keep odds and ends?

(7 Posts)
whoopwhoopbib Tue 30-Oct-12 20:58:55

I am trying to cut down on the amount of clutter we have in our living room and have just emptied a cupboard of paperwork and odds and ends such as blu tack.

However now I am stuck with ramdom items for which the cupboard is too big and would be wasteful but where/how can I store things like batteries, battery chargers, lint rollers, selotape, pens etc the list is endless?

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 30-Oct-12 21:01:45

I have a Messy Drawer in the kitchen with batteries, candles, takeaway menus and the like.

I have a wooden box (maybe the size of three shoeboxes in volume) that all my paperwork gets throw into.

I have a loose change plate, for pop machine money, and an onld fornula milk tin for mass collecrion of loose change.

safflower Tue 30-Oct-12 21:02:20

In each room I have a piece of furnture with a drawer. That drawer is rammed with odds and ends. I get rid of stuff every now and then. I havge one drawer in the dining room dresser which has bits from crackers, odd pens, sewing bits and general shit. I have 3 drawers in the kitchen with similar crap. 3 in the study full of crap. And on it goes round the house!

whoopwhoopbib Tue 30-Oct-12 21:14:35

We are seriously lacking in the drawer department here, we only have one in the kitchen and thats for cutlery and none in the living room.

I like the idea of a wooden box - it could be pulled in and out of cupboard as required whilst maintaining the illusion of being tidy!

I can't believe how much crap there is but it's all useful stuff just not what I want on show.

Elkieb Tue 30-Oct-12 21:18:29

An ikea 'hol' is the best holder of all crap. And it has cushions on it to make it seating. And I never put washing on it <whistles>

Elkieb Tue 30-Oct-12 21:19:17

I put my spare cushions on it, because they were part of the crap collection in my tiny house.

whoopwhoopbib Tue 30-Oct-12 21:24:44

Now, the 'hol' is nice and it would be able to hold a lot of crap but you can see through it! However you have now inspired me to look for a similar item but solid, thanks Elkieb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now