Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How can I wash and dry a LOT of floor quickly?

(9 Posts)
Mandy2003 Mon 29-Oct-12 18:14:28

Winter is coming and the oak floor of the bar in the restaurant where I work will get covered in a mixture of mud and gritsalt again every night I'm sure. All I have to clean it with in the morning is a string mop and bucket!

What I need is some way of getting it quite wet to dissolve the ingrained mud and salt and then wipe up the residue quickly before it soaks in and damages the floor. The floor needs re-sealing and the management won't before the winter.

What tool or procedures would you adopt to deal with this.

safflower Mon 29-Oct-12 18:15:48

well i would use the mop and bucket then throw a towel down and sort of 'skate' over it to soak it up and dry it off.

Mandy2003 Mon 29-Oct-12 18:21:41

Hmm, I'm not responsible for washing the towels though! If I put them in the in-house machine I'd be taking up valuable apron'n'jacket washing time/space and I don't think the laundry would collect and wash anything but tablecloths and napkins. I should have said, that's how I'd do it at home, doh!

GoreyClaWsPumpkinHeed Mon 29-Oct-12 18:33:11

boiling water + flash in your bucket and a twistnsqueeze mop (cost about £10), open doors/windows and if you have any fans lying around get them on it!

ArthurShappey Mon 29-Oct-12 19:20:13

Tell your employers you need better equipment. sad

Feckbox Mon 29-Oct-12 19:34:05

steam cleaner?

Mandy2003 Tue 30-Oct-12 09:39:19

Thanks, I'm after recommendations of what to ask them to buy Arthur

I've never used a steam cleaner on a floor, only on a cooker. Don't they also create puddles of water that then need to be wiped/soaked up?

wheredidiputit Tue 30-Oct-12 10:15:34

No they don't, but I'm not sure if they ruin an oak floor if used everyday.

MainlyMaynie Tue 30-Oct-12 11:23:12

Hoover, then steam mop. Steam mop dries really quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now