Talk

Advanced search

Best temperature for fridge and freezer

(4 Posts)
topsi Mon 29-Oct-12 07:40:45

Hi, I am lucky enough to have inherited a very nice fridge freezer where you can set the temperature of the fridge and freezer.
The temperature on the freezer does down to about -22!! The fridge can be set from about 2-5 degrees.
What should these be set at please? I don't have the original instructions for it.

us4downhere Mon 29-Oct-12 10:58:54

When I got mine at the beginning of the year, it recommended the fridge to be between 2-5 so I set it at 3 and the freezer to be around -18.

HTH

PigletJohn Mon 29-Oct-12 11:13:36

some fridges are more accurate at temperatures than others, so it is worth buying a fridge/Freezer thermometer for a few pounds to check the accuracy of the settings on yours.

You can probably get the instruction book from your appliance online from the manufacturer's website. Bosch and similar often have an identification label inside, which saves you having to climb round the back. If it is awkward, make a note of the numbers in case you need them one day.

topsi Mon 29-Oct-12 12:53:02

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now