Talk

Advanced search

What do i do about sick in a shoe?

(6 Posts)
helpineedajob Fri 26-Oct-12 21:11:03

DS1 (3.8) has been sick in his shoe, what is the best way to clean and disinfect it?

VerySmallSqueak Fri 26-Oct-12 21:15:27

If it's fabric,I would scrape any excess and wash - in the machine if you think it'll take it.

If leather I would wash and pack with newspaper to dry.

Once dry if there are any lingering smells I'd put bicarbonate of soda in and leave overnight to absorb the smells,and/or air thoroughly.

Poor DS1.

helpineedajob Fri 26-Oct-12 21:18:33

they are these shoes

VerySmallSqueak Fri 26-Oct-12 21:23:16

I think I would wash the insides - it's no worse than standing in a puddle and getting wet feet really.

Ideally,if you have an airing cupboard they could perhaps go in there to dry.Or near a radiator.

0liverb0liverbuttface Sat 27-Oct-12 18:32:06

Stick them in the washer after removing any solids. Don't spin do rinse hold and then stuff with paper to dry.

Zombieminx Sat 27-Oct-12 20:18:04

DD has reflux so I've had the sick in shoe issue... And I rang Clarks head office to find out if I could machine wash their shoes, explaining why! The person at hq was a bit hmm but did go off and consult his colleagues to give me a proper answer!

The official line is that it's not recommended but if you are going to do it then do it on a cool wash with liquid detergent not powder, and dry them in a warm place but not on a direct heat source like a radiator and def do not tumble dry.

I scraped it all off using kitchen towel then washed on 30 degrees. Popped them in the airing cupboard after to dry and they were fine, good as new after a polish! smile They were these shoes

Hope your DS's shoes come up ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now