Talk

Advanced search

Which vacuum cleaner for Berber carpets? Sebo?

(5 Posts)
RationalBrain Thu 25-Oct-12 12:26:49

We have just got some new Berber type carpets, and also replaced lots of the icky sticky carpet in the hall with wood floors. The carpet in the rest of the house (playroom/lounge/some bedrooms) is ancient and will get replaced, probably with Berber carpets, in the next couple of years.

Our dyson has packed in (probably as a result of me hoovering up building rubble with it blush). I've read loads of threads on here raving about sebo and Miele, but I can't work out which is best for the floor types we have. I'm most worried about the new berber carpet and the wood floor, the old carpets are beyond hope.

I think the Berber carpets need vacuuming as per a hard floor, ie no beater. But does the sebo, which automatically adjusts I think, realise that, or will it rip up the new carpet? God, I can't believe I'm obsessing about vacuums! Oh, we have rugs in the hall on top of the wood floor as well hmm.

Ps I would prefer an upright I think, and something that is just really easy to use. No bits falling off everywhere, and easy to get into all the corners etc. Help!

RationalBrain Thu 25-Oct-12 14:06:06

RationalBrain Thu 25-Oct-12 19:21:50

double bump, pretty please

oscarsmumm Thu 25-Oct-12 20:27:08

Hi RB

I also have a Dyson, about 6 years old now, which stopped working around the same time we had a wall knocked down in our house. Paid for it to be serviced which was £40 (apparently mine was full of rubble and cement!!) blush and I swear it is back to its brilliant self - I am so happy!! Anyway the moral of the story is we also have Berber carpets and a wooden floor and it picks up everything so save your money and just get your Dyson serviced smile

RationalBrain Fri 26-Oct-12 09:12:16

Hmm, it's an idea, but I'm not sure if it would be chucking good money after bad, ours is 8 or more years old and has bits broken off, so has probably served its natural life pretty much. On the dyson website it is 70 odd quid for a service, which is a good chunk towards a new vacuum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now