Talk

Advanced search

What is your bathroom floor like?

(18 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 23-Oct-12 21:53:02

We are moving smile into a lovely new-ish build house. It hasn't been touché in any way since the builders finished it. So there is the same beige carpet everywhere. Which is fine except for the bathrooms/ toilets! confused

So, what's your bathroom floor like?
The bathrooms are standard white suite and tiles and chrome fittings.

The world is my oyster and there's too much choice! smile

Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 23-Oct-12 21:54:03

Bloody iPhone.

Touched! Not touché! hmm
The house is nice but it's not a French chateaux!

ethelb Wed 24-Oct-12 10:14:38

If its got white tiles on the walls can't you just match them to the floor and tile that?

I have horrible lino that has been made to look like corragated iron. hmm

momIam Wed 24-Oct-12 10:42:21

Only do tiles in toilets and bathrooms - they are easiest to clean and don't absorb accidents!

vintageviolets Wed 24-Oct-12 10:55:06

I want mine to look like this www.harveymaria.co.uk/Floor-Range/Cath-Kidston-for-harveymaria_2

willyoulistentome Wed 24-Oct-12 10:59:39

We have just had a Karndean floor put into our new bathroom. It looks JUST like wood, but isn't so is fine for a bathroom. It's not at all creaky like laminate.

AMumInScotland Wed 24-Oct-12 11:00:22

Soft vinyl, in a red brick herringbone pattern, because it goes with the terracotta "accent" tiles here and there on the walls.

With everything white you could go for anything you like. But I have a preference for things that are in the style of traditional floor coverings, even though they are fake. So fake bricks, fake quarry tiles, or fake floorboards.

Upstairs we have beige carpet (not redone the bathroom yet) and I hate it.

Whenisitmysleepytime Wed 24-Oct-12 11:30:47

Thanks! smile

I don't really want tiles as I don't want cold feet. smile

Willyou - The karndean stuff looks good - is it expensive?

Vintage - I really like the brown with white spots flooring but I cannot justify that price!!! shock none of our carpets were even half that price!

Littlemissimpatient Wed 24-Oct-12 11:37:14

We have amtica which is like karndean type vinyl. I like it! We went for white with silver glitter it looks great with white bath etc. bit more expensive than cheap lino but keeps well and warm underfoot unlike tiles.

Whenisitmysleepytime Wed 24-Oct-12 11:38:55

Oooooh white with silver glitter! shock grin

Off to google!

HotDAMNlifeisgood Wed 24-Oct-12 11:43:22

it's in a blue/black locally quarried stone, with underfloor heating.

I lOVE it.

drjohnsonscat Wed 24-Oct-12 11:48:04

also tiles plus wet floor plus children equals ice rink disaster every morning.

I have amtico pretend ceramic tiles.

pooroldknees Wed 24-Oct-12 12:42:12

ceramic tiles, not too cold, use a bathmat, very easy to clean, better than the stinky carpet we had before! D'ont you just love little boys weeing everywhere!

AdoraBell Wed 24-Oct-12 13:19:52

We have light tiles with colourful floor mats. I don't like the idea of a fitted carpet in a bathroom.

Littlemissimpatient Wed 24-Oct-12 13:33:51

sleepytime think it is called stardust white by amtico. It looks much better than it sounds, even DH likes it smile

Whenisitmysleepytime Wed 24-Oct-12 14:20:14

I spotted it in their catalogue. Was it expensive?

We have a family bathroom, ensuite and downstairs WC to do as they are all carpeted.
Carpets in bathrooms is wrong. FACT! smile

MimieD Fri 26-Oct-12 20:46:51

Be careful putting tiles on the floor straight away. Two of my neighbours did this in their brand new house and had to have it re-done 6 months later as many tiles cracked. All new houses will have some subsidence!

Babyrabbits Fri 26-Oct-12 21:21:24

Carpet in bathroom is lovely...if you live on your own and don't pee on the floor!

Otherwise it stinks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now