Talk

Advanced search

Help - the day I decide to join fly lady the site is down. Is it a sign...

(6 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 16:52:44

that I should simply stay the feck away from fly lady?

Perhaps someone could tell me what I should do to get started whilst the site repairs!?

educatingarti Tue 23-Oct-12 17:14:29

Get dressed ( including shoes), hair done and make up on.

Go clean and shine your kitchen sink!

My variation on fly lady

Go into a room, put timer on for 15 minutes. Do all the jobs that seem most obvious until the timer stops!

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 17:36:31

Thank you, but shoes?

I can't wear my shoes inside. Should I get 'inside' shoes?

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 17:37:22

Okay, done the kids bedrooms - tidied at least.

Do I need a shiny sink?

educatingarti Tue 23-Oct-12 17:46:09

Fly Lady's theory is that you should start with one thing that you get into a routine of doing every day. For her this is making sure your sink is clean and shiny. Then you ad other routines to this.

You don't have to make this shining your sink. Think of a job that needs doing every day that will make you feel better once it is done.

I never worry about the shoes bit. I think the idea is that if you are fully dressed it makes you less likely psychologically to slob around (can't put feet up on sofa if wearing shoes!).

Another "my take" on Flylady regarding decluttering.

Go into a room or rooms and find 10 things that need to be thrown away/recycled. Do this, even if it means opening mail that has lain around for days so you can throw away the envelopes. Throw these things away. Then find 10 things that need to be put away and do that. Then find 10 things that you don't need/want and that can be given away and put them in a bag/box for the charity shop.

picturesinthefirelight Tue 23-Oct-12 18:05:09

I work from home & find the putting shoes thing on really helPs me get in the mind frame to start

If its your first day then the very first thing to do tiday is to clean your kitchen sink. EmPty everything out, soak it in bleach for an hour, rinse well the clean it with cream cleaner or a Brillo pad if stainless steel. Clean around the taps and the edges. Finally dry with a tea towel and if you like do a final shine with window polish

That's all you need to do for today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now