Talk

Advanced search

Laundry battles

(4 Posts)
RhubarbCrumbled Tue 23-Oct-12 08:26:22

And not the usual sort. I'm pretty much on top of the laundry in good weather, but have just bought a tumble dryer to deal with the bad weather (I'm more than a little bit excited about this!) and to try and solve the laundry battles with DH!

I have a nice bad weather rota going for the washing so that we never end up with too much wet washing hanging around the house. But DH insists on putting on extra loads to try and help. It doesn't. It just means there's more damp laundry hanging around. We haven't even got the heating on yet as the wood burner is keeping us pretty toasty.

Now I bought a tumble dryer to try and stop this happening and so that clothes would go away dry rather than damp. But what he's started doing now is taking clothes out half way through the cycle and then hanging them around the house because they're nearly dry! Aaaagggghhhhhh! So I've come home to find every available radiator and clothes airer hung with clothes and a basket of almost dry but still quite damp stuff that he took down as he needed somewhere to hang the wetter stuff! WE HAVE A DRYER TO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS! And worse is that DS has ended up with damp pants and trousers this morning as nothing was properly dry and this is apparently my fault. But it's not as I put it all in the td yesterday and he took it out damp! I don't want to have a go about it as if I say anything about what he does around the house then he just stops doing it. It's the same with the dishwasher. Please just fill it and put it on, don't keep hand washing bits and then wait 2 days to fill it and switch the damn thing on.

So, I'm about to hurt his feelings and taking everything back out to the dryer and get it properly dried. Which means he'll only do the washing up for the next month because I've shown he's obviously not capable of doing the laundry when he is, he just needs to be sensible about it.

vodkaanddietirnbru Tue 23-Oct-12 09:17:52

Tell him its not good for the tumble drier to be stopped part way through its cycle as it doesn't get to do its cool down phase at the end. It will end up overheating and burn out the thermostat if he doesn't let it complete the full drying cycle.

ClareMarriott Tue 23-Oct-12 14:53:54

Also tell him that he'll have to contend with condensation issues if clothes are constantly left on the radiators.

Cutiecat Wed 24-Oct-12 03:05:13

I feel for you. I hate the waning everywhere over the house. Worst one is when DH hangs it on the kitchen chairs and things on end go stairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now