Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about mops

(7 Posts)
Rhubarbgarden Sun 21-Oct-12 14:04:30

Apologies if this has been done to death, I couldn't find much when I searched.

I'm sick of mops. They are always crap. I always end up dissatisfied and replacing them with another, equally crap, mop.

Are there any out there that aren't awful? I keep reading about steam cleaners, are they worth it or just another gizmo to eat up storage space?

I have tatty wooden floorboards in the kitchen that I intend to replace with stone next year, quarry tiles in the corridors and downstairs loo, and beautiful original floorboards in the reception rooms. These are currently highly polished (only moved in a few weeks ago) - I'd like to keep them looking gorgeous but not sure I'm up to polishing.

Thanks

Rhubarbgarden Mon 22-Oct-12 07:26:27

Pretty please?

amazonianwoman Mon 22-Oct-12 08:52:09

I like the E-cloth mop set

Easy to use on tiles and wooden floors (some original floorboards, some newer solid oak). Sometimes I just use hot water, sometimes put bleach in the water if the floor is really grubby. Have also used it dry with the fab smelling Method wooden floor cleaner. Then just throw the mop head in the washing machine on a hot wash with towels etc.

CarpeJugulum Mon 22-Oct-12 08:53:34

Second the e-mop. It's brilliant and non streaky.

Natnat29 Mon 22-Oct-12 08:57:57

Marking my spot can never find a food mop

I love this one, you fill it up with solution and just spray as you go, then pop the cloth part in the washing machine
Vileda Spray Mop

Rhubarbgarden Mon 22-Oct-12 10:35:16

Thanks, I like the look of the E cloth one. Always better to avoid chemicals as much as possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now