Talk

Advanced search

Cheap storage boxes

(16 Posts)
IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 21-Oct-12 13:59:50

hi does anyone know where I can get cheap cardboard boxes. Not corrugated but those quite strong, usually decorative ones. They are in places like WHSmith but expensive. Could be plain but want all the same size.
Can't do Ikea because my nearest costs £25 to get to thus negating any potential savings.

ArthurShappey Sun 21-Oct-12 16:40:59

Have you tried Dunelm Mill, you can buy online?

ClareMarriott Sun 21-Oct-12 17:02:39

Shoes boxes and put a photo of what is inside on the outside ?

SauvignonBlank Sun 21-Oct-12 20:23:27

Wilkos are pretty good or TX Max / Homesense if one near you.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 21-Oct-12 22:22:25

Nothing remotely handy near me, need to be bigger than A4 and am bamboozled by the Dunelm Mill website. Am contemplating decorating cheap Argos corrugated ones.
Or doing Ikea at half term. Screeeeeaaaam!

PigletJohn Tue 23-Oct-12 10:45:07

have you considered the plastic storage crates found at Supermarts and Wilkinsons? They have lids and will stack, and are mosty translucent so you can see what is inside, though IMO better to put a post-it on the end inside that you can read from outside.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 23-Oct-12 13:44:20

Thanks piglet. I was quite hoping they could be attractive too. Going to be on display you see.
You used to get them in a few places- flatpacked in threes or so. With lids.

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 14:31:04

IME the Argos and the cheap plastic ones do not last, so it would make you cross if you decorated them nicely...

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 26-Oct-12 10:02:02

Good point.
<<contemplates Ikea again>>

Inneedofbrandy Fri 26-Oct-12 10:06:53

You could decorate carboard boxes with nice wrapping paper and brush loads of pva glue over to make it shiny. Not sure about the lids though, I need some to keep DVDs in so there not just piled up in cabinet. You could do ikea online, sure delivery won't be as much as £25!

Skiffen Fri 26-Oct-12 10:08:18

Wilkos have a good website and loads of different boxes.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 26-Oct-12 10:09:12

Pva good idea. Not sure if Ikea will deliver small items like boxes but will check website. Have ordered wardrobes for DCS online and they were delivered by parcel force for £15!

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 26-Oct-12 10:17:00

Pound shops and similar, mine come from the cheap everything store in our old Wolworths.

Inneedofbrandy Fri 26-Oct-12 10:26:34

Or get fabric glue/ staples and nice material over the boxes. Ah you have gave me something to do today thanks!

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 26-Oct-12 10:29:04

Office supply shops, sometimes

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 26-Oct-12 13:44:49

Ah Ikea will deliver some boxes. Just have to find a measuring tool of some sort and work out what size I need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now