Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried the Dyson Digital Slim?

(9 Posts)
MrsMiniversCharlady Sun 21-Oct-12 13:25:38

Old Henry has conked out and we need to replace it with something. I've spotted the dyson digital and it looks like it might work quite well for us, but it's a lot of money to spend on a hoover. I wish I could give it a week's trial, but failing that Mumsnetters' opinions are the next best thing!

bananaistheanswer Sun 21-Oct-12 13:27:59

I think I have the model before the digital slim and I love it! It's a pain with the recharging though as it doesn't work while charging do you can plug it in and use it. It's a fab wee machine and although it was pricey, I'd say on balance worth it.

ArthurShappey Sun 21-Oct-12 16:42:01

My mum has one and she raves and raves about it. It seems very effective.

Wrigglebum Sun 21-Oct-12 20:29:56

I have one and I love it but I don't think it's really powerful enough to have as your only vacuum. It's great for stairs and whizzing around the doorways and dining table, but despite at least daily use I still get quite a bit up with the proper dyson when I do get it out.

MrsMiniversCharlady Sun 21-Oct-12 22:08:13

Thanks for your comments. I've now seen this one which looks as though it might be a bit better. Doesn't have the tools like the Dyson though...hmm. confused

AntoinetteCosway Sun 21-Oct-12 22:12:45

I love it. When charged it only lasts for about 15 minutes which is the maximum I ever want to Hoover for (<lazyslattern>blush) so it's a good excuse to be quick and get on with it. We do have a full size dyson as well for a more thorough weekly clean but the slim does the job just fine most of the time. It's also really easy to empty-one button on the bottom and everything falls out. It's powerful, not too noisy, looks good on the wall (not that it's art or something, but it's not an eyesore!) and is very light and handy.

PeazlyPops Mon 22-Oct-12 12:56:24

I have it, it's good for vacuuming in the week, and I do a thorough vacuum once a week with the big dyson.

It does hurt my wrist though, as its heavy and you have to hold the on button. I'd recommend it in addition to a large dyson.

EmberRainbow Mon 22-Oct-12 17:54:04

I have the animal version of the digi slim and love it. It's great for hoovering the stairs and for little clean up jobs you wouldn't normally get the big dyson out for.

I had considered getting a spare battery so i could swap them and get longer use, but to be honest the 15mins gives you plenty of time so i haven't bothered.

MrsMiniversCharlady Thu 01-Nov-12 19:53:59

Thought I'd just bump this to say that I bought the Hoover version, which was on offer at 60 quid in Currys, along with a nice Miele for a thorough clean once a week smile

So far I'm really, really happy with the Hoover, it's very effective on my hard floors and makes it so much easier to do the stairs. I keep raving about it to people who probably think I am very sad to be so happy about a vacuum cleaner blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now