Talk

Advanced search

i need to block a hole in my back door with items i have in my house.

(11 Posts)
BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 17:28:35

the back door has rotted through and i need to be able to block it while i wait for the landlord to organise a contractor to replace it. it is about 10 inches in height and about 2 foot across in length (the whole panel just fell out and was so rotted it couldn't be reattatched). i dont have and bricks or wood or even cardboard that i can put up against it and my brain is on a go slow. any suggestions what i could use to block it temporarily?

desperateforaholiday Sat 20-Oct-12 17:29:59

Ironing board?

mummywithnosleep Sat 20-Oct-12 17:33:01

Table
Chalk board
Jigsaw puzzle box
Chopping board

wonkylegs Sat 20-Oct-12 17:39:04

Flat baking trays or tea trays & lots of tape?

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 17:42:37

baking trays could work!. thanks for all suggestions. i will let you know how i get on.

LunaticFringe Sat 20-Oct-12 17:42:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Sat 20-Oct-12 17:46:57

Newspaper, preferably reinforced with layers of plastic. Base of a drawer? Ask neighbour or local supermarket for any cardboard packaging

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 17:58:23

the baking trays were an almost perfect fit! i have taped them on with the thick black tape you can get (is that gaffer tape?) and i've folded a heavy duty bin liner over itself and then taped it over the baking trays. hopefully the landlord will sort it this week.

thank you all.

wonkylegs Sat 20-Oct-12 18:48:32

Glad you've got it sorted

CunningPlan Sat 20-Oct-12 18:57:57

Ahem.

That title. Is it just me?

wink

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 20:08:01

grin

too much keith lemon for you! apologies if i disappointed mislead anyone. wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: