Talk

Advanced search

i need to block a hole in my back door with items i have in my house.

(11 Posts)
BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 17:28:35

the back door has rotted through and i need to be able to block it while i wait for the landlord to organise a contractor to replace it. it is about 10 inches in height and about 2 foot across in length (the whole panel just fell out and was so rotted it couldn't be reattatched). i dont have and bricks or wood or even cardboard that i can put up against it and my brain is on a go slow. any suggestions what i could use to block it temporarily?

desperateforaholiday Sat 20-Oct-12 17:29:59

Ironing board?

mummywithnosleep Sat 20-Oct-12 17:33:01

Table
Chalk board
Jigsaw puzzle box
Chopping board

wonkylegs Sat 20-Oct-12 17:39:04

Flat baking trays or tea trays & lots of tape?

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 17:42:37

baking trays could work!. thanks for all suggestions. i will let you know how i get on.

LunaticFringe Sat 20-Oct-12 17:42:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Sat 20-Oct-12 17:46:57

Newspaper, preferably reinforced with layers of plastic. Base of a drawer? Ask neighbour or local supermarket for any cardboard packaging

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 17:58:23

the baking trays were an almost perfect fit! i have taped them on with the thick black tape you can get (is that gaffer tape?) and i've folded a heavy duty bin liner over itself and then taped it over the baking trays. hopefully the landlord will sort it this week.

thank you all.

wonkylegs Sat 20-Oct-12 18:48:32

Glad you've got it sorted

CunningPlan Sat 20-Oct-12 18:57:57

Ahem.

That title. Is it just me?

wink

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 20:08:01

grin

too much keith lemon for you! apologies if i disappointed mislead anyone. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now