Talk

Advanced search

Machine to make tea AND coffee

(5 Posts)
fossil97 Thu 18-Oct-12 19:07:39

We've done up our bedroom and I wanted to ask Santa treat us to a tea/coffee machine as it's a long way downstairs to the kitchen in the mornings. We are a one-tea one-coffee couple though.

I'm not sure whether to go for an oldfashioned teasmade, or a Tassimo type machine (have no experience) - can they make Proper Tea as well as coffee nice enough to tempt DH? I guess that means dispense boiling water onto my teabag of choice.

Otherwise I could just put my travel kettle on a tray, hotel style but that's not quite as shiny is it?

Does anyone have one of these machines and how do you get on with it?

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Thu 18-Oct-12 19:11:16

You can get all sorts of pods for a Tassimo, even tea! wink There's a water tank at the back so you won't need to top it up in between making drinks.

Nom nom nom!

witchwithallthetrimmings Thu 18-Oct-12 19:17:21

I think one problem is that for really nice coffee the water needs to be just off boiling whereas for tea it should be boiling

fossil97 Thu 18-Oct-12 19:20:17

Will it dispense just water then or do you have to buy a Tea Pod? (I have just looked at the price of them shock)

LadyMaryCreepyCrawley Thu 18-Oct-12 20:49:47

You have to buy a pod, these contain the tea/milk/coffee/hot chocolate. They are not cheap. It's more economical to have a travel kettle in your room and a jar of coffee. They are very tasty though. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now