Talk

Advanced search

Airers suggestions

(6 Posts)
crunchingautumnleaves Wed 17-Oct-12 17:24:52

My clothes airer is well past its best, so I need to get a new one. I need it to take at least 2 washing loads, be fairly sturdy & easy to move (I move it outside when weather's dry). And hoping for something costing no more than £20. Minky airers appear too flimsy from what I've seen. My main contenders at present are Frost from Ikea, Mulig rack also from Ikea and Addis Slimline X Wing.

Would love to hear from you if you've got these or have anything else you'd recommend or avoid. Also, how do X wing airers compare with concertina style airers (only used to concertina/3 tiered airers but oddly drawn to X wings).

Thanks.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Oct-12 17:44:23

(OP we have nixed your duplicate thread)

<lurk>
Looking for a new airer myself.
I love an x-wing, I do.
My mum brought mine back from a French hypermarket. It has done brilliantly but is v much on last legs.

So bumping for you.

crunchingautumnleaves Wed 17-Oct-12 18:29:22

Thanks for sorting out the duplicates blush Olivia! Having one of those afternoons... grin

Doodlekitty Wed 17-Oct-12 18:32:00

I love my minky! It's not flimsy at all, but would be near impossible to move outside when loaded as moving it often means the shelves flop down. Other than that, it's perfect for me

dikkertjedap Wed 17-Oct-12 20:18:16

I have two large Addis airers. Have had them for years, they are very good.

fossil97 Thu 18-Oct-12 19:13:21

We had one of those Ikea Frost ones for about 10 years, it is very space efficient.

You can lie things flat on the flat bits like jumpers, and angle the "wings" differently if you have something long like a duvet cover.

If you're going to Ikea I'd get a "pressa" octupus sock airer too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now