Talk

Advanced search

Discovered last weeks chicken dinner in the oven

(5 Posts)
Slothlorien Tue 16-Oct-12 17:31:04

Keeping warm for dh. He doesn't want it now and it reeks to high heaven.
How can I fumigate oven to make it smell nice again?

CharleeWarlee Tue 16-Oct-12 17:33:49

nice grin

looks like you may need to spend a while cleaning the oven out. i use mr muscles foam oven cleaner smile

blanchedevereaux Tue 16-Oct-12 17:37:21

Put a couple of lemons in there in a roasting tin of water and let it cook for a couple of hours on a low heat.

ThompsonTwins Tue 16-Oct-12 17:43:32

What does he mean, he doesn't want it? How dreadfully wasteful. Ungrateful man! Bung some sauce over it - he'll never know the difference.

<Waiting to see how long it is until someone takes me seriously>

I like the lemon idea. If that doesn't work this might (but involves ammonia - probably not a good idea if you have small children or animals around and don't know if it is readily available)

You need a glass bowl, and half a cup of household ammonia.

•Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and turn it off.
•Pour half a cup of household ammonia into a glass bowl, and place it on the centre shelf of the oven. Make sure that you do not inhale the vapors.
•Close the door and leave the ammonia inside the oven overnight.
•The next day, allow the ammonia vapors to escape. Keep people from entering the kitchen. As soon as the vapors are gone, clean up the oven with a damp dish towel.

Slothlorien Wed 17-Oct-12 12:19:09

I know, thompsontwins, tempted to leave the bastard!
But meanwhile have scrubbed oven. Still a bit smelly though. Will try lemon idea next. Thanks all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now