Talk

Advanced search

Good stain removing soap powder.

(10 Posts)
Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 15-Oct-12 19:27:38

Am currently using Fairy and theres still stains on our clothes. Just everyday stains that should be removed first time in the wash.

What powder do you use? If its Fairy do uou add anything to the wash to boost the stain removing action??

TIA

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Oct-12 20:17:15

Aldi bio here.

Stains get washing up liquid for coloureds or bleach sprayed on for whites.

PigletJohn Mon 15-Oct-12 20:46:51

are you giving it a hot enough wash? Cool washes are very weedy, and do not dissolve powders well.

For whites you can add a couple of spoons of washing soda, which also seems to help the powder dissolve better (if your washing machine is sludgy inside, it will start to break up the sludge)

Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 15-Oct-12 21:04:08

Ooh, do you put the washing up liquid in with the powder?

I do 40 for most washes, 60 for nappies and 60-80 for towels.

Notgrownupinmyhead Mon 15-Oct-12 21:05:38

Fluffy, do you put it in with the powder?
Piglet, the lowest I go is 40. 60 for nappies and 60-80 for towels.

PumpkInDublic Mon 15-Oct-12 21:35:17

Soda crystals are amazing for whites. I just tried them myself. Stains have had a rough day in this house!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Oct-12 21:38:54

I put everything on neat and I put the powder into the drum not the drawer.

ScrambledSmegsEvilTwin Mon 15-Oct-12 21:49:01

I agree with soda crystals. I use them on DD's nursery clothes, works miracles.

I probably shouldn't, but I use them on colours as well as whites. Just a smaller amount than for whites, and so far everything has come out looking great.

Notgrownupinmyhead Tue 16-Oct-12 08:34:15

I shall give it a try. Its only everyday stains too like mud and chocolate.

Wonder if they'll get the stink out of nappies??? Might have to experiment next time. grin

MrsBucketxx Tue 16-Oct-12 08:47:09

i swear by lemon washing up liquid for stains, immediately after. and bug in the wash i use aldi bio, if its still there then blast with bleach if its whites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now