Talk

Advanced search

cleaning down the side of the oven??

(5 Posts)
girliefriend Mon 15-Oct-12 17:20:38

Its getting really quite gross down the side of my gas oven, I don't want to blow myself up by trying to move it and the gap is too small to get hoover or cloth in.

Any suggestions??

TIA

sleepyhead Mon 15-Oct-12 17:36:05

I always pull mine out to clean the sides once in a blue moon. It should slide out fairly easily as the pipe attaching it to the gas supply should be long enough to allow this.

girliefriend Mon 15-Oct-12 20:40:29

Okay was a bit nervous about trying that but will tentatively give it a go!!!

Thanks smile

PigletJohn Mon 15-Oct-12 20:43:09

look down the back and you will see a rubber hose in a loop. You can pull it out as long as you do not stretch the hose taught. If you clean the floor, and spray it with WUL+water, or furniture polish or WD40, it will be slippery and the cooker will slide more easily. this really does make a terrific difference, so does cleaning off the sticky dirt.

You may well find that there is a safety-chain holding the back of the cooker to the wall. This is actually required by gas regulations, to prevent it falling over if a child climbs on the open oven door, but is often omitted. With luck the chain will have a sort of dog-lead clip fastening it to a screw-eye in the wall. If not you might have to unscrew it (but buy a clip for next time)

girliefriend Mon 15-Oct-12 22:07:26

Thankyou for that, really useful thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now